The Presidential Motorcade Has A New Mysterious And Sinister Looking Vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooligan

seen in Raleigh shortly after the big tornado outbreak. figure it was related to the relief ops but had zero, none, nada markings on it, not even a decal, which was the reason i really even thought much about it.

i got no help then. how about now???

My guesses: WMD-CST Advanced Echelon truck, DHS/FEMA, or media.

RadioVoice

>…...to the relief ops but had zero, none, nada markings on it, not even a decal, which was the reason i really even thought much about it.

Looks like a Red Cross Disaster Services Ford Excursion, w/o it's red markings.
Maybe FEMA bought a few too?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
seen in Raleigh shortly after the big tornado outbreak. figure it was related to the relief ops but had zero, none, nada markings on it, not even a decal, which was the reason i really even thought much about it.

I remember them in Raleigh/Garner during the hurricanes last year, there were two black ones parked at the NC Forest Service staging lot in Garner, but you couldn't go into the area without credentials, so I couldn't get a good look.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
That is NOT an E Series van. Here are a couple of better pics:

ae6705602ac29f462422e7d77f025338.jpg

b624bd0c9a9149d6d645bbddfb349265.jpg

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
Lots of interesting information, but I don't know why the word "sinister" needs to be applied to the article heading other that to scream out read me. The design has probably changed because of the vehicle type for what ever antenna array has been purchased. I have seen multiple vehicles like this in convoy in the past, mainly right after "Sandy" but were white in color. One did have a rather large what appeared to be doppler weather antenna being towed behind it, and I don't think it looks any more sinister than the one Frank Reagan uses on Blue Bloods. Just watch going in garages.

Quote"
LOL. Easier just to say Black. I bet Ford calls it something else anyway....like "Flint River Coal Metallic" HA HA HA

Ford doesn't have a color black in its inventory, they call it ebony

MississippiPI

Premium Subscriber
I worked for AMR back in the day and was assigned to Dick Cheney who was VP and they had a war wagon that was pretty cool. The secret service agent explained to me some of the inner workings in a way that didn't violate security...It was neat.

Be safe

prcguy

The pictures in post #26 look like a communications vehicle and not anything for jamming, etc. The black dome appears to be a Seatel type of satellite antenna for DirecTV or similar. Several years ago I got to tour the insides of an older WHC Roadrunner vehicle and I was quizzed on putting DirecTV in the vehicle so the operator(s) could have up to date news info from CNN, etc.

It would be nice to have a rear view of the same vehicle to see if there are mounts for an HF antenna or VHF lo band for mil interop. The vehicle I was in had a Shakespeare HF whip stowed inside that they could attach on the rear if HF was needed. I don't see any UHF satcom antenna, which I would expect on a Roadrunner replacement.

Last edited:

spacellamaman

My guesses: WMD-CST Advanced Echelon truck, DHS/FEMA, or media.

thank you hooligan, the WMD-CST Advanced Echelon truck suggestion is the type of specific type direction to look into that i am looking for. all generic searches such as media FEMA DHS were done looooong before i decided to appeal to "the internet people"

IF he had gotten the plate, it would have made it so so much easier.

now i realize its a long video and not terribly good quality or of high production value, but i do describe the tag starting at 2:10 mark. I ALSO typed up the description as the text for the video, from youtube:

Published on May 2, 2011
spotted on Hwy 1 north approaching 440 belt line. this is very near where most of the tornado damage occurred, but take note of the big dome, AWACS style and other odd assorted antennas. plate was strangely generic even for govt type. plain white with blue letters. top reads U.S. GOVERNMENT in small letters. tag number is 1149. that's it. nothing more. sorry video quality is bad but the only cam i had i could reach at the time. anyone know what this is? I just am really curious cause i haven't the slightest clue

now i recall, possibly incorrectly, that it was one of the newer style plates, similar to the following link but without the "for official use only" part at the bottom with 1149 centered.

Google Image Result for http://www.plateshack.com/y2k/US_Government/usgovsgtatarms.jpg

a quick search doesn't result in seeing any of the new style font in that configuration, minus the FOUO that is. so odds are it was one of the older style ones, such as the following link, with 1149 centered

Google Image Result for http://dcplates.com/assets/GovUS15a.jpg

now with all of that settled, possibly, what crucial identifying detail of the tag is still needed to identify the Dome/usage/user?

ecps92

Yes, I heard it described vs a Visual showing, which would have helped out more.

Most of the Federal Agencies use the GSA fleets where the G## is either [varies by style] either diagonal on the left side or straight across.
Basically a Federal Rental from GSA

Others will have the Agency on the left side DHS, DHHS etc

now i realize its a long video and not terribly good quality or of high production value, but i do describe the tag starting at 2:10 mark. I ALSO typed up the description as the text for the video, from youtube:

Published on May 2, 2011
spotted on Hwy 1 north approaching 440 belt line. this is very near where most of the tornado damage occurred, but take note of the big dome, AWACS style and other odd assorted antennas. plate was strangely generic even for govt type. plain white with blue letters. top reads U.S. GOVERNMENT in small letters. tag number is 1149. that's it. nothing more. sorry video quality is bad but the only cam i had i could reach at the time. anyone know what this is? I just am really curious cause i haven't the slightest clue

now i recall, possibly incorrectly, that it was one of the newer style plates, similar to the following link but without the "for official use only" part at the bottom with 1149 centered.

Google Image Result for http://www.plateshack.com/y2k/US_Government/usgovsgtatarms.jpg

a quick search doesn't result in seeing any of the new style font in that configuration, minus the FOUO that is. so odds are it was one of the older style ones, such as the following link, with 1149 centered

Google Image Result for http://dcplates.com/assets/GovUS15a.jpg

now with all of that settled, possibly, what crucial identifying detail of the tag is still needed to identify the Dome/usage/user?

kd7eir

Huge. Heavily Customized. Jet Black.

It's a 1 ton Ford Van, not even a newer one. Customized...with trailer tow mirrors. Jet Black...what is "Jet" Black...when most jets are painted white.

Someone needs readers for online articles. The service has used specialized communications and jamming vehicles for years. I have been 25 feet from a couple. Just another day folks.
1 - It's NOT a van. It's an F350 super duty PICKUP.
2 - Jet black refers to a shade of black that is characterized as darker than black, with blue or purple undertones. The term “jet black” is derived from the color of a stone called jet. The stone is a minor gemstone used in jewelry as a black stone.
3 - Engage research and basic reading comprehension before putting keyboard in gear.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Maybe a bit OT. If a vehicle has a US Govt tag. Is it listed in NCIC? What would be the hit? Some generic listing, or would it include a vehicle descriptor and other information? IOW, if a cop pulls over a vehicle displaying a US Govt tag. How do they know that the non descript Crown Vic with black wheels actually is a US Govt vehicle? Do they challenge the driver for a federal ID?

a417

Maybe a bit OT. If a vehicle has a US Govt tag. Is it listed in NCIC? What would be the hit? Some generic listing, or would it include a vehicle descriptor and other information? IOW, if a cop pulls over a vehicle displaying a US Govt tag. How do they know that the non descript Crown Vic with black wheels actually is a US Govt vehicle? Do they challenge the driver for a federal ID?
I have heard some WILD stories about "official communications vehicles" being pulled over by state & local pd, most of them are too far fetched to believe...ie. officers being cuffed in the back of their own cruisers and sgt.s being called by unlisted #'s and told where to retrieve their guys. They sure were funny.:ROFLMAO:

ecps92

NCIC is for "Hot Files" - aka Stolen/Wanted/Missing
Listings/Registrations/Drivers Licenses are not avail thru NCIC, those files are
a. Thru in-state DMV/RMV
b. Avail thru NLETS to the proper destination - just like running a plate/vin to another state
GSA records are avail 24/7 thru NLETS [G-xx Plates] and many other Non G-xx Plates [Destination is GS]
State Dept records are also avail from the DoS files 24/7 [Destination is US]

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
No real mystery here, nothing classified.
The attached picture is from my "job location" when they used my ramp last month.
1) The suburban in the foreground is the Military Liasion's vehicle "the football".
2) The "Dome" in the back is the F350. It is just an F350 6 Door custom body. Chassis, Engine, and Tires are "Humvee". This is the mobile situation room.
Both are operated and maintained by DOD, NOT the Secret Service.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_3316.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3316.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 71
Status
Not open for further replies.