Status
Not open for further replies.

brey1234

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
This article is in stark contrast to your previous posts regarding this radio system. What has changed your opinion of the system?

I don't think that posting a Commonwealth prepared press release is an indicator that anyone's opinion has changed. Bob has, for years, posted any article he finds about the system.

I would expect a press release from the radio project office to be nothing less than a glowing review. They have a vested interest in telling you what they think you should hear. That's what PR people do.

thenewsden

Fair enough. If he had just posted links to articles about the system in previous posts I would tend to agree with you. However, he was highly critical of the system, especially the Cumberland Co. system, in many posts which lead me to believe he wasn't a fan. Then reading the article he linked shed a completely different light on the effectiveness of the system. I was sincerely interested in what had changed his view?

Mattsenft

Premium Subscriber
With the state bragging about how great OpenSky worked I guess all we can ask now is where the unified incident command was. They can't blame their radios so it must be their management that led to miscommunication bad enough that PSP and PENNDOT workers all but got into a fistfight over the interstates closing and opening. As much as NIMS is pushed for local governments you would think the state would be better at implementing it. Just my two cents.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
With the state bragging about how great OpenSky worked I guess all we can ask now is where the unified incident command was. They can't blame their radios so it must be their management that led to miscommunication bad enough that PSP and PENNDOT workers all but got into a fistfight over the interstates closing and opening. As much as NIMS is pushed for local governments you would think the state would be better at implementing it. Just my two cents.

Now that's funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.