• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TK-2180 Li-ION battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cow

What is the model number for the thinnest Li-Ion battery for the TK-2180? I ordered an aftermarket KNB-33L but it is the same size as my OEM KNB-32N battery. I am looking for the smallest battery possible. Thanks

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Looks like the KNB-33L is the lowest capacity (read size) available from Kenwood in Li-Ion. From the after market I don't have a clue. I find the one I have is a nice complement to the radio profile.

Raptor05121

Kenwood makes three different batteries.

1400mAh- Ni-Cd
1700mAh Li-Ion
2100mAh Ni-Mh

From physical size, the Li-Ion is the smallest. All aftermarkets are going to be the same exact size AFAIK.

cifn2

Feed Provider
The aftermarket batteries don't hold a charge very well in my opinion, I purchased 2 of them and they don't seem to hold onto a charge like a Lithium battery should!

K4SVT

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Batteries

i got 2 new KNB-32N 2100mAh Ni-Mh coming for my Nx-210 i heard they are very good and last a long time...

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Kenwood makes three different batteries.

1400mAh- Ni-Cd
1700mAh Li-Ion
2100mAh Ni-Mh

From physical size, the Li-Ion is the smallest. All aftermarkets are going to be the same exact size AFAIK.

I have a bunch of KNB-32 batteries that say 2500MAH

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

LTR

The newest KNB-33L batteries from Kenwood are now rated at 2000mAH instead of 1700mAH, and these are the thinnest ones.

Raptor05121

i got 2 new KNB-32N 2100mAh Ni-Mh coming for my Nx-210 i heard they are very good and last a long time...

The KBN-32N for the NX-210 should be a 2500 mAh battery. While it does have a very good battery life, -Cd and -MH batteries suffer from "memory charge" effect and all-in-all are an older technology than the Li-ion or Li-Po models. Nothing to write home about, though. You should be happy with the results.

I have a bunch of KNB-32 batteries that say 2500MAH

That is for the MPT1327 version of the 3/2180

KNB-31A: 1700 mAh, Ni-Cd
KNB-32N: 2500 mAh, Ni-MH
KNB-33L: 1700 mAh, Li-ion (what I have)
KNB-41NC: 2500 mAh, Ni-MH

The newest KNB-33L batteries from Kenwood are now rated at 2000mAH instead of 1700mAH, and these are the thinnest ones.

You are correct, sir. I realized I have a battery from the MPT model. Listed for the standard analog trunking TK-2180/3180:

KNB-33L: 2000 mAh, Li-ion
KNB-54N: 2500 mAh, Ni-MH

Last edited:

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
That is for the MPT1327 version of the 3/2180

KNB-31A: 1700 mAh, Ni-Cd
KNB-32N: 2500 mAh, Ni-MH
KNB-33L: 1700 mAh, Li-ion (what I have)

I'm not sure what you mean there. Neither my TK-2180 or my NX-220 are MPT1327 radios.

Raptor05121

I mean the KNB-32N is only listed for the MPT radios. I don't see the -32 for the regular 2180 anywhere. But thats sold as-is today. I have no idea what they were doing beforehand.

Agree to disagree :)

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
I mean the KNB-32N is only listed for the MPT radios. I don't see the -32 for the regular 2180 anywhere. But thats sold as-is today. I have no idea what they were doing beforehand.

Agree to disagree :)

Ah... I got ya...

When work gave me my NX-210 a couple months ago, it came with KNB-32N batteries.

But, I think we're big enough that kenwood just does whatever they're told

Status
Not open for further replies.