• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TK 3302 UHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

ade1b

Hello all
I am kind of new to this so forgive me if this is a dippy question
I have 2 kenwood TK-3002 and I have the programing software etc. I am running standard 400 to 470mhz
my question is this,
When I log into the 16 frequencies from my pc via the cable can I change say ch1 from 449.31250 to say 449.32250 to give my radios their own frequency. Or wont it work?
Thanks for any tips advise
Ade

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Hello all
I have 2 kenwood TK-3002 and I have the programing software etc. I am running standard 400 to 470mhz
my question is this,
When I log into the 16 frequencies from my pc via the cable can I change say ch1 from 449.31250 to say 449.32250 to give my radios their own frequency. Or wont it work?
Ade

Legality issues aside, yes, that would work.

racingfan360

>Legality issues? I'm sorry, but I fail to see any.

I think he means, do you have a license for the frequencies? Technically you could change the frequency to whatever you want (within the parameters of the radio) but your license will restrict you to using only a small proportion of this spectrum.

svfd17

Even if the OP didn't live in the UK ,why on earth would there be legal issues programming a channel into a radio?? I also saw no mention of transmitting on the said frequencies.

Sent from my C570 using this tapatalk machinery

ade1b

Thanks for coming back to me, I have a uk Ofcom licence for the 449 MHz range. All I was wanting is a clear frequency that I can use without others trying to join in whilst we are on a road trip. Having either children or some trucker on the same channel is a pain.

rapidcharger

The legality issues being any licensing requirements that may exist in the OP's country.

It just goes to show even if you make a point to disclaim something on this forum, people still want to start a debate over it.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Thanks for coming back to me, I have a uk Ofcom licence for the 449 MHz range. All I was wanting is a clear frequency that I can use without others trying to join in whilst we are on a road trip. Having either children or some trucker on the same channel is a pain.

This is why the "disclaimer" was there.

I'm not sure how it works in the UK, but over here, the Federal Communications Commission in almost all cases licenses for specific frequencies. You would only be permitted to transmit on frequencies you are specifically licensed for. There are only a few types of licenses you can get from the FCC that would allow programming random frequencies you choose on your own. This is where a legality issue may arise. Transmitting outside the frequency you are licensed for -might- land you on the wrong side of the law.

Like I said, things may be different in the UK, but you should make absolutely sure you are licensed for the exact frequency before you transmit. Choosing random frequencies can cause interference to other licensed users, which can lead to complaints, enforcement action, etc.

ade1b

kool
now i understand. I will leave it alone.
Big thanks for all the help

AaronP17

Hello all
my question is this,
Ade

What are the main default frequencies for the TK3302 please?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
None. A factory fresh US market TK-3302 will be delivered from the factory with no channels programmed.
They can be programmed to frequencies between 450MHz and 490MHz. Some dealers may program them for you. The only way to know what the radio is programmed with is to read it with the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.