Tone Alert????

Status
Not open for further replies.

pafirefighter

This may sound like a dumb question. But I was wondering if there is a way to program fire dept. tone alerts into my pro-2055?I'm wanting to program the following tone alerts into it if possiable 712.5/634.5 - Company 1 Ambulance, 712.5/422.1 - Company 1 Fire Police,
712.5/979.9 - Company 1 Headquarters Station, 712.5/1092.4 - Company 1 McKinley St Station, and 765.0/1743.0 - Company 10 all call. If you have any idea please let me know

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Nope, the only scanners that do QCII are the uniden 330/bct15 (HT/mobile) and the 396/996 (big money base mobile).

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Per your PM....

The Pro 97 and 2055 scanners (97 is the handheld, 2055 the base/mobile) can do many things. Conventional, trunked (motorola, EDCAS, LTR) and many features that older scanners do not have such as...

• CTCSS/DCS-The ability to instantly display and also use the CTCSS/DCS tones to filter out unwanted users or noise.

Control channel strength display-while locked on a motorola control channel, it will show you a % as a way to compare antennas and the best location for a scanner or antenna.

Backlighting-full backlighting of the keypad as well as the display is a very welcome feature

16 character alpha tagging-The ability to set an alphatag to a memory channel or talkgroup is one of the best things to happen to scanners in a long time, now you don't have to remember what frequency is used by what agency, etc.

Two things the 97/2055 can't do are fire tone out decoding (as already stated) and the ability to receive P25 digital signals. In some places you don;t need P25 (like me) and in some places you really need it to hear anything. That costs more money as you move up the scanner ladder :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.