Toronto boundries

Status
Not open for further replies.

tac7

I'll be in Toronto for a couple of days this coming week. Could anyone please tell me the boundries (streets?) to divide the West / South / North / East
MO trunking frequencies? I have all 4 pairs programed in the same bank, but I'm not sure which ones to activate / unlock for a particular area. Thanks.

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
Toronto

tac7 said:
I'll be in Toronto for a couple of days this coming week. Could anyone please tell me the boundries (streets?) to divide the West / South / North / East
MO trunking frequencies? I have all 4 pairs programed in the same bank, but I'm not sure which ones to activate / unlock for a particular area. Thanks.

Basically the boundaries are as follows..
Lake Ontario to the South
Steeles Avenue to the North
Highway 427 to the West
Scarborough-Pickering Town Line to the East

Matt

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Make sure you keep the south tower in all the time.Fire dispatches are on there and almost all of Toronto's action.
If you want to hear some specific stuff like Fire Ops in the west use west. Same example for fdp north tower and east.
There are a few files on here and Yahoo that show EMS FDP & PD coverage/stations and the like.

P.S. Unless u are from a large city be warned Toronto's system is overwelming.
E

smnjhull

Quadrent Boundries

Or...are you looking for the quadrent boundries. ie. NE, SE, NW, SW

I believe (but I might be corrected) that St. Clair (or Eglington) is the North/South dividing line. And Yonge St. is the East/West dividing line. (eg. North of St. Clair and East of Yonge is the NE quadrent)

However, and I may be corrected again - all Toronto Public Safety quadrents are carried on the South tower as well. (?)

Mike

slicerwizard

For Toronto Police, use east zone for Scarborough (Victoria Park and beyond) 4 District comms, west zone for Etobicoke (west of the Humber river) 2 District traffic and split north (3 District) / south (1 and 5 District) zones at Lawrence Ave.

There is considerable duplication of comms between zones, as some transmitter sites are right on the boundaries.

tac7

Thanks everyone!
So it looks like when visiting the Science Center (Eglington / Don Mills Rd), that area would be covered by the South Crtl channels 862.9625 + 863.2125. Is that correct?

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
Osc

tac7 said:
Thanks everyone!
So it looks like when visiting the Science Center (Eglington / Don Mills Rd), that area would be covered by the South Crtl channels 862.9625 + 863.2125. Is that correct?

I believe that would be the North Tower..

Matt

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Nope, its the south.
You'll prob have good access to S, N, E towers.
The quads are divided by Eglinton and Yonge. St Clair is in the South.
E

slicerwizard

Strongest signals would be coming from the south zone site at 275 Main St. and the north zone site at the Bell tower. Either will work fine, but north is a better choice if you want to include 3 District comms. Local comms will be on the 54 or 55 Division talkgroups (depends on which one is the supergroup at the time). 33 and 53 Divisions are literally a stone's throw away, so you'll probably want to keep an ear on all six talkgroups (32, 33, 51, 53, 54, 55)

mciupa

Database Admin
Status
Not open for further replies.