TPS/York question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyr8

Just heard TPS dispatch in 3x div ask a unit to dial over to yrp"2226" and ask for an officer....any ideas...is it a mutual com channel for TPS and York?

geofry

Re TPS/York question

TPS, YRPS and DRPS all have patches available on fleetnet to OPP, so it would be possible for the OPP dispatcher to patch TPS to YRPS on Fleetnet. Would need to see a Trunker output file from tower 39 or 40 from the date it occured to confirm this.

geoff

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
York has had Toronto talkgroups in their radios for a long time, likewise for York. They also have a mutual aid channel. Toronto calls it 91-I-OP. York calls it TAC 1. It's the same thing.

slicerwizard

geofry911 said:
TPS, YRPS and DRPS all have patches available on fleetnet to OPP, so it would be possible for the OPP dispatcher to patch TPS to YRPS on Fleetnet. Would need to see a Trunker output file from tower 39 or 40 from the date it occured to confirm this.
What are you expecting to see in the file?

geofry

You can see the patches set up, ie see if talkgroup 25E0hex is patched to 25B0hex, then any TPS unit can talk to any YRPS Unit if they join those fleetnet talkgroups using the talkroup on their 800MHz radio that is patched to their Fleetnet talkgroup.

Someone already posted that they have an Inter Op talkgroup already set up so I doubt now that they used Fleetnet to achieve this. It was just a thought and theoreticaly possible to do.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
geofry911 said:

geoff

Possible but not very likely.

All that's really required is for the YRPS dispatcher and the TPS dispatcher to patch their systems over to Fleetnet. YRPS has been seen patched to 1PCPOL. I assume a similar radio exists at TPS. Once both systems are patched to 1PCPOL, then they should be able to talk without involving the OPP.

Can you imagine them having to call up the OPP every time they want to patch their respective 800Mhz systems together? The OPP aren't going to put up with that for very long.

Besides the talkgroup that Exkalibur has already posted, there's also the 800Mhz I-TAC channels which they could use.

slicerwizard

geofry911 said:
You can see the patches set up, ie see if talkgroup 25E0hex is patched to 25B0hex,
I don't see these listed in the database. If talkgroups for such functionality existed, we'd know about them.

then any TPS unit can talk to any YRPS Unit if they join those fleetnet talkgroups using the talkroup on their 800MHz radio that is patched to their Fleetnet talkgroup.
I don't see any TPS or YRP talkgroups in the database.

Someone already posted that they have an Inter Op talkgroup already set up so I doubt now that they used Fleetnet to achieve this. It was just a thought and theoreticaly possible to do.
Possible to route every interop comm through three trunking systems rather than just one? Performance would be horrendous.

geofry

Slicerwizard, just because the talkgroups don't appear in the database doesn't mean they don't exist. If you live in Toronto and monitor tower 37, 39 and 40 then you would know that they exist. I asked for copies of everyone's trunker files so that I can compile all the extra talkgroups and inter op channels that exist but I didn't get a single reply, so this will be my last reply on this board.

slicerwizard said:
I don't see these listed in the database. If talkgroups for such functionality existed, we'd know about them.

I don't see any TPS or YRP talkgroups in the database.

Possible to route every interop comm through three trunking systems rather than just one? Performance would be horrendous.

newtoscanning

geofry911 said:
Slicerwizard, just because the talkgroups don't appear in the database doesn't mean they don't exist. If you live in Toronto and monitor tower 37, 39 and 40 then you would know that they exist. I asked for copies of everyone's trunker files so that I can compile all the extra talkgroups and inter op channels that exist but I didn't get a single reply, so this will be my last reply on this board.

"Would need to see a Trunker output file from tower 39 or 40 from the date it occured to confirm this." Is hardly for asking for everyone's trunker files. More like "If you want me to double check for you, send me your file."

"so this will be my last reply on this board" we'll miss your wisdom! Mike_Oxlong and exkalibur don't really know what they're talking about. (they just pretend)

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
geofry911 said:
If you live in Toronto and monitor tower 37, 39 and 40 then you would know that they exist.

Since you live in Toronto and monitor towers 37, 39 and 40, perhaps you can tell us what the mystery talkgroups are?

yorkphotog

Premium Subscriber
Pyr8, we both heard the same thing.. York Region police were doing some radio checks early that morning with surrounding police agencies. I believe that one by one, they patched South Simcoe, OPP, Durham, Peel, and TPS into the York system to test how the patches were working. Durham hardly worked at all -- the audio quality was so poor that they dropped the patch. Talkgroup 624 (AKA YORK2) was used to do all of the patches. Some of the York units didn't have YORK2 on their radios.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
their doing alot of test patching lately.. Sunday night late OPP Caledon was patched up with 33 div and the patch sounded perfect. did the car to car and car to dispatch testing. But they have been doing alot of that testing...

yorkphotog

Premium Subscriber
I don't know how the officers are even able to hear each other in Durham... the YRPD dispatcher couldn't hear a thing and dropped the patch. Terrible system..b

imcleish

The problem with the durham link is the interface between the Telus Mike/IDEN radios in use by DRPS and "normal" systems elsewhere.

I have heard the DRPS Chopper patched with DRPPS IDEN and Oshawa Fire before, you will here the beeps of the IDEN System and there always seems to be volume issues when cross system repeating the IDEN.

The IDEN system is worse than fleetnet, because it is an all or nothing system, and when you get nothing that is a problem.

From a business end, in durham region Telus Mike coverage is excellent compared to other areas, based on the needs of DRPS there have been many upgrades.

For DRPS undercover work, again this sysem is ideal as they use normal MIKE phones, and there are so many of them around, how can you tell what they are up to.

Status
Not open for further replies.