Tracs - viper

Status
Not open for further replies.

stryker106

Premium Subscriber
I listen to the Raleigh Viper system on my Pro-106 everyday.
I would like to hear Police, Fire, and EMS only.
Is there a way to block, lock out, or by any other means keep from hearing TRACS?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I listen to the Raleigh Viper system on my Pro-106 everyday.
I would like to hear Police, Fire, and EMS only.
Is there a way to block, lock out, or by any other means keep from hearing TRACS?

Of course :)

It just requires more time spent learning about all of the features of your awesome
radio. :) My suggestion: start at the Easier to Read Guide to the Pro 106:
Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual
One of my favorite sayings is that the more you know about your radio, the better it will
perform for you. Meaning that if you know all of the tips & tricks of your radio then you
will be able to monitor most of what you want to hear at a moments notice.

Of course we veteran scanner buffs are here to help you out with questions as you
progress through the hobby and your only real limitation of how much fun you have is how much time you decide to devote to learning about the hobby. :cool:

Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

stryker106

Premium Subscriber
For anyone that would like to lock out a specific object as I did.
When the scanner stops on that object, press FUNC then the L/OUT button.
This is a Permanent Lockout.
That worked for me.

Last edited:

jthorpe

I think your definition of TRACS and mine is different. What are you talking about, data? You may be hearing Moscad or CJIN but our TRACS software doesn't use VIPER. I'm kind of curious what your definition is here.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I had figured it was something different than what I was thinking. tracs to me means crash reporting software. lol

Give me the good old days of paper DMV 349s :lol:

Yep. TRACS is part of the Wake TTA system:

Transportation for agency-eligible participants. Eligibility is based on sponsorship by participating agencies/programs such as Medicaid, Public Health, Mental Health, Work First and other programs. Contact your case worker for eligibility.

General public transportation is available to residents of Wake County residing in non-urbanized areas. Service is delivered by zone. The service zones are the northern, eastern, southern and southwest areas of the County. Services are provided five days a week. There is a nominal charge per person per trip for TRACS services. Service is by reservation, first-come, first-served, on a seat-available basis.

Service Information Human Services transportation is available Monday through Friday, and on Saturday for dialysis and employment. Service hours vary daily, depending on appointments and scheduling, but generally from 5 a.m.–8 p.m. TRACS service is available Monday–Friday. Service hours are 7 a.m.–noon and 1–6 p.m.

Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.