SDS100/SDS200: Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubbe

Hi, can someone explain how the radio still works perfectly with no RSSI?
The RSSI and signal strenght bars in the SDS scanners are not a precise tool that always tells the true value, like it does in the older non-sdr based scanners. It happens to me as well, that analog transmissions that can be heard are sometimes not displaying any RSSI value. It depends of adjacent channels and if there are any strong transmitters in the frequency band. Usually experimenting with the different filter settings and IFX will change how well the RSSI works.

/Ubbe

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The J401 solder joint issue can cause no RSSI or signal bars to show, even when a transmission is being received. It can also cause every transmission to show a -40dBm RSSI.

Dexter2

Try turning off the Filter at the Site level. If you're using Sentinel or ProScan to change the Filter then it needs a write to scanner operation to take effect.

I'm sorry I thought I hit Post reply yesterday. Yes I did before I plugged the radio into my laptop. I was reading the attached thread and it appears I only have issues with one system, I've posted here before about this system, but today was the first time what I posted in the above photo happened.

The RSSI and signal strenght bars in the SDS scanners are not a precise tool that always tells the true value, like it does in the older non-sdr based scanners. It happens to me as well, that analog transmissions that can be heard are sometimes not displaying any RSSI value. It depends of adjacent channels and if there are any strong transmitters in the frequency band. Usually experimenting with the different filter settings and IFX will change how well the RSSI works.

/Ubbe

Yeah I played around with each with this P25 Trunk. I'm leaning towards a combination of Cold Solder Joint, interference some where around me (I get the most problems in my living room and office where most of my electronics are), and possible system related issues (because my other programmed favorite lists work perfectly with no issues or weird signs, However transmissions show to be -90's if I use Filters.)

The J401 solder joint issue can cause no RSSI or signal bars to show, even when a transmission is being received. It can also cause every transmission to show a -40dBm RSSI.

Sounds like I am in that boat. I'm not able to send it for repair, seems like I got a lemon =).

Dexter2

I don't know if anyone else lost power yesterday here in the Northeast. But, I did for 13 hours. On ProScan, during transmissions it now says N 000 under Tone, before the outage this tab was always blank. Can someone explain what that means, also my RSSI is now -107 to -113.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I don't know if anyone else lost power yesterday here in the Northeast. But, I did for 13 hours. On ProScan, during transmissions it now says N 000 under Tone, before the outage this tab was always blank. Can someone explain what that means, also my RSSI is now -107 to -113.
That's a NAC code 000 from the scanner. I don't understand what you mean by "tab was always blank"? Do you mean column or cell?

Status
Not open for further replies.