Sullivan27
Member
Hi I'm having trouble transmitting my XPR3550e while I'm in my house with skylights and heavy steel beams any ideas?
Go outside?...any ideas?
VHF, analog, and yes i'm trying to hit a repeater.You need to be a little more specific, ie what frequencies vhf uhf ect. is it simplex or are you trying to hit a repeater. Is it analog or digital.
Yea outside works perfect, so that tells me that i have the proper PL.are you able to hit it.. outside?
I'm a volunteer for one of the public safety organizations in my area so I really don't know the location of the repeater.What's the distance from your location to the repeater? Have you verified Proper PL or DPL and input\output frequencies?
Yea outside works perfecktare you able to hit it.. outside?
I'm a volunteer for one of the public safety organizations in my area so I really don't know the location of the repeater.What's the distance from your location to the repeater? Have you verified Proper PL or DPL and input\output frequencies?
Yea outside works perfeckt
Aight Thanks for the advise. Is there a larger antenna then the one that comes with the radio?Again, we're right back to where we started. There is no magic bullet that is going to fix this for you. You need an external antenna to get your signal out of the house. You might also try a larger antenna in the house on a cookie sheet or such for a ground plane. But there's really not a lot you can do to overcome the RF properties of your house.
Got you!So the CHEAP option is external antenna connection or a base station unit in your humble abode...option B.... tear your house down.. and rebuild it with RF friendly materials... good luck...
Not really. That radio has a proprietary antenna jack as well. I'm talking about an actual mobile antenna, but then again, you have to have the adapter, which isn't cheap.Aight Thanks for the advise. Is there a larger antenna then the one that comes with the radio?
That's great advice TT!! I appreciate it. I'll look into it.Put up a base station with exterior antenna OR
Put up a base station at a buddies house, connect it to a CTI/Radio Pro box and talk to it with an app over the internet.
You could create a bunch of logins, where each guy puts in a few bucks a month to pay for all of it.
TT
First, what's the price range for an adapter?Not really. That radio has a proprietary antenna jack as well. I'm talking about an actual mobile antenna, but then again, you have to have the adapter, which isn't cheap.
You're honestly pretty much out of luck on this one, I'm afraid.![]()
Not on that radio. Don't they use the same stupid antenna connector as the 7550? I seem to recall that. You need the ridiculous "adapter" for connecting the radio to a service monitor.Adapters are a few bucks.
They existNot on that radio. Don't they use the same stupid antenna connector as the 7550? I seem to recall that. You need the ridiculous "adapter" for connecting the radio to a service monitor.
www.commgearsupply.com
Does that actually work? I thought the working ones were oveer $150 or so.They exist
![]()
RF Adapter for MX Antenna Port for Motorola & Icom - Converts to Female BNC
P/N: ARK-BNC-MX: Designed to work with RF projects requiring you to convert out of the following radios: Motorola: XPR7350 XPR7550 XPR3300 XPR3500 DP2400 DP2600 DP4600, DP4800, DP4801, XPR7580, SP10, SP21, SP50, VL130 GL2000, GP620, PRO5350, PRO5450, PRO7550, DGP8550 Icom: F11, F14/S, F3001...www.commgearsupply.com