Traveling Through, help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveh552

I will be traveling through your state in the coming months and am intrested in setting up a fav list in my HP1 for the travels.I will be entering OK from MO via I44, taking that to OKC where I will hit I35 South to Dallas. I am looking for just law enforcement (mostly highway patrols/state police) and fire/ems/med helos. I am not wanting to hear a bunch of junk which is why I am wanting a fav list instead of using the nationwide database. I do have a GPS puck as well so I wont have to have any interaction with the scanner while driving. Any help, especially if anyone has a fav list would be great. I am asking before I spend hours trying to make a list on my own

N5TWB

Somebody else is free to contradict me but you are going to have to do some database digging and checking for regular updates before your trip because the OHP system (OKWINS) is in a state of flux as sites are updated or re-banded or become digital/P-25. Some of them are done but others may be done between now and your trip so anything frequency-specific that is given to you today may be changed tomorrow.

That said, use the database to get the following OHP troops, starting from the MO/OK line and following your route to Dallas: Trp L, Trp B, Trp A, Trp F. Be sure to load the talkgroups to include the turnpike groups. Also, load the low band frequencies: 44.7/44.9 & 45.18/45.22. The OKWIN sites you will need are: 1,2,4,7,8,10, 15, 17, 20, 31, 32, 35, 36, 37, 38, & 40. Each of those sites are clickable for GPS coords and coverage radius.

The OHP Conventional page: Highway Patrol (OHP) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

The OKWINS page: Oklahoma Wireless Interoperability Network (OKWIN) Motorola Trunking System, Various, Oklahoma - Scanner Frequencies

The OK state page with clickable counties for non-OKWIN info (fire, med, helos): Oklahoma Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

The last listing is where you will have to do your digging for specific info on those services because many remain on VHF/UHF. Some have gone to the OKWINS, especially in the metro areas. In the Tulsa/OKC metro areas, most EMS is by EMSA and they are encrypted on the OKWINS system.

I hope this helps some. Many others here may have deeper insights on upcoming changes or listings of interest. We can also help with more specific questions.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
What scanner/Software will you be using? Since your already asking about OK. I guess you have IL. Starcomm21 figured out...

steveh552

I am using Sentenial, I had a reply about Starcomm in the IL forum, not sure if there is more info, he gave me the districts I will on on via I70

plaws

Premium Subscriber
I will be traveling through your state in the coming months and am intrested in setting up a fav list in my HP1 for the travels.I will be entering OK from MO via I44, taking that to OKC where I will hit I35 South to Dallas. [/QUOTE

Troops lists the Troops and Turnpikes (You'll be on the Will Rogers, Creek, and Turner until you hit I-35).

The talkgroups/freqs in the RR DB are accurate and so should already be in your HP1.

Status
Not open for further replies.