TRBOconnect IL/IN/KY/OH

west-pac

I didn't even think of that. It's weird that I never noticed it before yesterday, and I generally check out any consistently solid signal on the waterfall. I first noticed it while mobile in the county north of Marion, while using an HT antenna inside the vehicle; then again after I got home and hooked up to the outdoor antenna. This other signal is considerably lower, in signal strength, than the accurately listed CC.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I didn't even think of that. It's weird that I never noticed it before yesterday, and I generally check out any consistently solid signal on the waterfall. I first noticed it while mobile in the county north of Marion, while using an HT antenna inside the vehicle; then again after I got home and hooked up to the outdoor antenna. This other signal is considerably lower, in signal strength, than the accurately listed CC.
So the CC listed in the DB still is a current CC? Then yeah, you are probably receiving an image. That can happen easily if the signal is strong, or depending upon the sample rate you use. When using a dongle, every sample rate can produce images at different frequencies. So you might be at one sample rate and see the signal, and then switch to anohter sample rate and suddenly you don't see it.

Mike

west-pac

So the CC listed in the DB still is a current CC? Then yeah, you are probably receiving an image. That can happen easily if the signal is strong, or depending upon the sample rate you use. When using a dongle, every sample rate can produce images at different frequencies. So you might be at one sample rate and see the signal, and then switch to anohter sample rate and suddenly you don't see it.

Mike
Yes, the current listed CC in DB is correct.

An analog scanner, on the same antenna as the dongle, does not receive a signal on 462.895/462.900, so it must be a cpu/software issue.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Yes, the current listed CC in DB is correct.

An analog scanner, on the same antenna as the dongle, does not receive a signal on 462.895/462.900, so it must be a cpu/software issue.
Yes, it's simply picking up an image of the real frequency. Depending upon what sample rate you use, and how much gain you have set, it's pretty easy to get that to occur.

Mike