Trunk88

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I have 3 questions I would like answered.

I am just wondering if this program TRUNK88 will work on a BC796D. If it does, I can leave my scanner run on the computer hear on days when I am not at it for awhile and when I am not near my scanner to listen to it. But if it doesn't then that is ok. But if it does, can you tell me how to set it up to work with my BC796D.

Also if this program doesn't work for my BC796D. I am just wondering or curious to see if there is other programs out there that I can use like that to keep track or a log of all the talking going on when I have my scanner hooked up to the computer.

Also just seeing here if any of the other programs that will work for a BC796D, like on the screen for TRUNK88. If these programs will tell you if the Talkgroups are patched to another Talkgroup, when the patch is taken down, what Talkgroups are patched together, or like when the AMBULANCE Dispatch tells the crew leaving a call and heading to the hospital to switch over to the TAC Channel and when the AMB Dispatch is setting up the patch to the Hospital on the TAC Channel. Let me know. Just curious.

I will be waiting for any replies to this post. Thanks.

Coolguy

SCPD

QRT
I am still curious to see if anyone can let me know if there are any programs out there like I mentioned in my first post. So I can start trying it or them out. Thanks.

I will still be waiting for any replies to my FIRST Post with the 3 questions.

Coolguy

Cappyton

I have a question about Trunk88
SInce i didnt want to make a new thread ill just post here

I keep getting a error once i load up a system

Error Condition; Invalid talkgroup/patch number in file line 286

How do i find out witch line is the 286th? Do i just delete what ever is in it?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
A couple details I want to make sure you understand.... Programs like Trunk88, Trunker and UniTrunker are primarily designed to decode a control channel and show you activity on the system. How you drive these programs varies, but it doesn't depend on the model of radio you are using. All you need is a radio with a discriminator tap... that's the key point, the discriminator tap. Now some of these programs have a secondary function of being able to drive another scanner for voice following.... that function is only compatible with certain scanners, mainly Unidens. You also mentioned being able to listen to your scanner when you are away from it with your PC. That's something altogether different. You need to setup an online live feed using encoding software and such to do that... it has nothing to do with Trunk88 or any of those programs.

As for the Line 286 error, basically open the offending file and basically count down to line 286. Or use a text editor (I like UltraEdit) that shows you the line numbers. Scroll down to 286 and just delete whatever is on that line and try starting the software again.

SCPD

QRT
Ok, so for the programs like TRUNK88, Unitrunker, etc. If I just download it, can I just start using it after I hook my BC796D scanner up to the computer, (like with that same type of cable I use to upload and download stuff to the scanner, just like you would do with WIN96 for the PRO 96) or will it not work if I do that. Or would there be something else you would need in order for it to work with these programs. So let me know, so I can decided if I should download it or not.

I will be waiting for any replies to this question. Thanks.

Coolguy

Buttonville

First off , Hello Everybody this is my first post , however Ive been a long time Scanner user , and a long time reader of this very website. All the information I needed , for the most part I did find in WIKI or past threads. Having said that , COOLGUY I too enjoy ( when I have time ) to use my Pro97 and Unitrunker or whatever program I may be needing for that day.
Make sure you have a DISCRIMINATOR TAP on your scanner , and you are good to run any of these programs without much fuss , I do suggest however to read the manuals written by the authors of the programs, when I used Unitrunker for the 1st time , I think I had more questions than answers, however the manual held all answers I needed. Im very sure the authors of these programs chum around on a site like this , so you can ask them the odd question or two , but I say odd question or two , only because they can get swapped with questions that re held within the manuals , and seeing that we paid nothing for their software , they don’t have to reply to us knowing the answer is within , and a user maybe looking at the Author like a personal Google search Engine.
So try on your own to get into the fun of digital monitoring on your own , and seek your own answers , Im sure like me…once you track a Control Channel and the data spits out..youll have more questions!

Other than that , im sure any of the programs mentioned will give you hours of +So try on your own to get into the fun of digital monitoring on your own , and seek your own answers , Im sure like me…once you track a Control Channel and the data spits out..youll have more questions!

Other than that , im sure any of the programs mentioned will give you hours of +So try on your own to get into the fun of digital monitoring on your own , and seek your own answers , Im sure like me…once you track a Control Channel and the data spits out..youll have more questions!

Other than that , im sure any of the programs mentioned will give you hours of great monitoring.

Good Luck

SCPD

QRT
Ok. So if I need a DISCRIMINATOR TAP for my BC796D. How do I get one or w/e. And just curious here as to what that is, since I never used one before. And how would I set it up on my BC796D. Let me know, so I can decided if I will still go ahead and Download one of these programs or not.

Then would I need some kind of cable to hook the scanner up to the computer as well in order for it to work on the computer or what else would I need. Let me know.

I will be waiting for any replies to these 2 questions I just asked. Thanks again.

Coolguy

SCPD

QRT
Ok then. I don't think I am going to add anything like that to my BC796D. I think I will just leave it as it is.

I just thought that for these types of programs like: Unitrunker, Trunk88, etc. All you would need is a cable to hook your scanner up to the computer. Then you would be all set to go and you can start using the program (once you have it downloaded on your computer). But obviously after what you guys have told me. I guess that won't work.

Unless there is a way you can use these type of programs without adding something to the scanner, like a DISCRIMINATOR TAP. Then I might consider downloading one program and using it. Otherwise I am not going to bother. So let me know.

So I will be waiting for any replies to this last question I just asked. Thanks again.

Coolguy

Buttonville

Trunking Progs

COOLGUY:

Yes the fellows on here are right,you will need to add that TAP, its simple..Im no whiz by any means but the directions I had for my radio were very simple and I added my TAP within 20 mins.

If you choose not to mod your radio thast ok, maybe find an old radio that you can add a TAP too , some cheap scanner that you can dedicate to the TAP - Trunker programs...thats another option.

Im sure there is cheap scanners for like 20.00 you can use , If im not correct , Im sure the fellows on here will chime in and set ya straight in the right direction.

Good Luck

SCPD

QRT
I just have one other quick question to ask.

I am just wondering if anyone on here has any screen shots of: TRUNK88, UNITRUNKER, etc. That I can take a look at and see what it looks like with all the Freq's and Talkgroups on it. So if I actually decide to use these programs sometime. I will know what it looks like with all that stuff on it and what to expect.

So if anyone can show me these screen shots. I would appreciate it.

I will be waiting for any replies to this question I just asked. Thanks again.

Coolguy

Muxlow

Super Secret
Here is one with trunk88 and UT

flk0ee.jpg

Attachments

• shot.jpg
    shot.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 435

SCPD

QRT
Ok thanks for those pictures.

Also if and when I decide to use TRUNK88, UNITRUNKER, etc. Does it matter what make and kind of scanner I use. And does it matter if the scanner is Digital or NON Digital. Just asking here so I can maybe decide on what make and kind of scanner to get to use for these programs. Let me know.

I will be waiting for any replies to this question. Thanks again.

Coolguy

SCPD

QRT
Ok thanks for the info.

I just thought that maybe you had to use a certain make of scanner and it had to be a Digital one to be able to use these programs like TRUNK88, UNITRUNKER, etc after you have the Discriminator Tap put on that scanner. But obviously not.

I have 2 more things to ask, just so I will know what to do.
When I get any kind of scanner (NON Digital, Digital, or w/e) and when the Discriminator Tap is on. All I would do after that is just hook it up to the audio part of my computer. Then just set or put the scanner on the MAIN Control Channel for Fleetnet and that is it. Then it should tell me everything that is going on, on that Main Control Channel.

I guess these programs only work with Fleetnet and all those things. Or can it work for just the normal freq's, by telling you if and what CTCSS, DPL codes they are using (that is if they use those codes or not) and anything else like that, that has to do with the normal freq's. Just asking and curious here, that's all. So let me know.

I will be waiting for any replies to these 2 questions I just asked. Thanks again.

Coolguy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.