Trunk88

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Iv got me aa question about the screen size. I cant see to figure it out. Even editing the areas and stuff on how to make the trunk88 screen go bigger, and the info to get wider. Some of my tags are cut off due to the screen size.
My motior has a resolution of 1280x800
How can i make it go basicly all most that full screen? Its at half right now the screen itself, but all the info does not go across it all..

And how do i edit the affiliation screen and such to make it smaller? When i monitor the windsor public safty site they have a wackload of channels and it cuts into the data screen part

SO! Basicly how do i make the data area not have as many lines, and make the channel and data areas wider i guess i could of said that at the start haha

slicerwizard

Iv got me aa question about the screen size. I cant see to figure it out. Even editing the areas and stuff on how to make the trunk88 screen go bigger, and the info to get wider. Some of my tags are cut off due to the screen size.
My motior has a resolution of 1280x800
How can i make it go basicly all most that full screen? Its at half right now the screen itself, but all the info does not go across it all..
Do you want to fill the space by making the characters larger or by having more of them? What font size are you using? With the typical 8x12 font, you'd have 160 character lines - what would you fill them with?

And how do i edit the affiliation screen and such to make it smaller? When i monitor the windsor public safty site they have a wackload of channels and it cuts into the data screen part
With the latest version (4.69), you just press Ctrl-L (auto-layout) and it will adjust the size and location of the event log.

slicerwizard

All I would do after that is just hook it up to the audio part of my computer. Then just set or put the scanner on the MAIN Control Channel for Fleetnet and that is it. Then it should tell me everything that is going on, on that Main Control Channel.
You need to program the scanner to scan both control channel frequencies. That way, it will always be on the active control channel.

Or can it work for just the normal freq's, by telling you if and what CTCSS, DPL codes they are using (that is if they use those codes or not) and anything else like that, that has to do with the normal freq's.
No. You'd have to use other software for that.

Muxlow

Super Secret
I have ver 4.66

For one system only i want to lower the the affiliation box or what ever its called.. The bottom part that says when a unit affiliates, when pages are sent, stuff like that. I need that to get shortened by maybe... 5 lines or so downwards.

Also would like to widen all the areas. As of now it takes up half the screen.. i want the text tags to go fully across and not get cut off.. And the CTRL+L did nothing

slicerwizard

How do i do that is what im asking. To what numbers do i increase them to for it to fit? OR a general idea
You said your screen resolution is 1280x800; assuming you're using an 8x12 font, you can squeeze almost 160 columns onto it, so I'll assume you want to go from the standard size of 100 columns to 150 columns. So you've gained 50 characters per line - how do you want to dole them out? 25 to the talkgroup name field and 25 to the radio name field?

If so, you have to add 25 to Talkgroup Name Width (28 --> 53) and then push everything to the right of it over by 25, so Talkgroup Column goes from 56 to 81, and you apply the same shift to the other affected fields (Call Type, Digital Marker, RadioID and Radio Name). And of course, you also add the other 25 columns to Radio Name Width.

Is that what you're looking for?

Whats different about this one?
Update notices (and program support) are found in the TRUNK88 support forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TRUNK88/

SCPD

QRT
I have another 2 questions to ask.

I am just wondering for anyone on here who uses TRUNK88, UNITRUNKER, etc. How well it works with Fleetnet. Does it show everything from the Control Channel (like what Talkgroups are patched together and when the patches are taken down, etc and anything else) and what Voice Channels are used. Just like for the 800 MHz system in Toronto.

Also just wondering, after I have the program on my computer like: TRUNK88. When I plug in the Audio Cable from the radio into my audio end in the TOWER on my Desktop Computer. Will it start showing everything from that Control Channel on that program right away, or is there something else I need to do to, before it starts showing any info on the program (TRUNK88). Or am I all set to go when I have the program up on my computer screen and the Audio Cable plugged in and the radio on the Main Control Channel for Fleetnet.

I will be waiting for any replies to the 2 Questions I just asked PLEASE. Thanks.

Coolguy.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Trunker, UniTrunker, TReport and Trunk88 at the minimum basically all show the same information: channels on the system, talkgroups and radios in use on any given channel, and affiliation/unaffiliation information. Programs like TReport and Trunk88 are a little more 'verbose' and show a lot more diagnostic type information which some people like to see.

As far as getting any of these programs a little work is involved. You need to know which input you are plugging into on your PC (line in or MIC in usually) and Windows need to be configured to accept audio on the proper port. Then which ever program you chose to run also needs to be configured to use this same port. Sometimes this part of the setup can be a snap. Other times, not so much. I have a laptop that, for what ever reason, is a bear to get going with these programs. On my desktop it was a snap. Once you are up and running it's just a matter of entering the proper information for talkgroups and such. If you are monitoring a system such as Fleetnet you will also need to enter the proper base/spacing/offset information so the program can automatically fill in the frequencies properly. Don't forget you must also have a discriminator tap in your scanner to supply the proper audio to the PC.

SCPD

QRT
Ok. So FORTS what do you mean by 'verbose' and TRUNK88, etc will show more diagnostic type information. What type of info do you mean here. Just asking so I will know what you mean. Let me know

Ok. On my TOWER for my Desktop Computer, I Have the speaker Audio Cable in the Audio Out port. So would I use this same port or would I use the AUDIO IN Port. Let me know.

My computer as far as I know is set up to receive the Audio for those ports, because I can use and hear everything coming from the speakers that are plugged into the Audio Out Port (the same type of pluggin you have coming from your headphones for your CD Player or whatever.

Ok, so you say the program needs to be configured to use the same port. Ok, cuz when I went to download TRUNK88 before from the page it sent me to (which I got from on here RR.com) just to see what this program was like. On that page it says that it is a ZIP File. So after I clicked on it, I clicked on RUN, then UNZIPPED the File(s). Then Opened and Ran the Program. While it was opening, a little box came up and showed whatever, then that box went away and then TRUNK88 came up and I never seen anywhere to click on or whatever to get it to configure to use the same Audio Port. Or would it do this automatically. Let me know.

When you say it is just a matter of entering the proper information for talkgroups and such. Do you need that. Cuz a friend of mine, who knows alot about radios and all that stuff. Never used these programs before either, just like me. Just bought 2 radio's off of Ebay (which are not scanners, but are GM300's - 2 way radio's) and would have the Tap inside it already, so he just has to do a little modification to it and add a couple other things to them, from what he told me. And since they are not scanners (it will only have the Main Control Channels on them). So you won't be able to enter any talkgroups into these radio's. We are just going to get all the info from the Control Channel on these programs.

So I will be waiting for your reply FORTS to these Questions with the "LET ME KNOW" at the end of them and anyone else on here who wants to reply to them as well. Thanks again.

Coolguy

nova1010

Ok something weird going on here,I downloaded and installed Trunk88(windows version) Im using it on a tapped Pro-2001.

Im using the woodlawn CC which is site 12 frequency 143.10000 MHZ ,but I have to add 21.4 MHZ which give me 164.50000 because the older Pro-2001 doesnt go below 144 MHZ.

Im receiving the CC 100% no problem and it works fine with unitrunker.

My question is why are all the frequencys in the 800s

Heres what I have:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h135/nova1010/myTrunk88.jpg

DaveH

Ok something weird going on here,

My question is why are all the frequencys in the 800s

Heres what I have:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h135/nova1010/myTrunk88.jpg

Put it this way....your scanner would not track Fleetnet if you did not specifically
tell it to expect a VHF/UHF Type II system (unless that was the default), AND program
the base/offset/step info. TRUNK88 and other similar programs require the same.

Meantime, we're thinking of putting in a feature request for "clairvoyance"
although I think we'll need to get MTP (Matter Transfer Protocol) working
first (and solve the Caramilk secret...) :) :)

Dave

Last edited:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Yup DaveH is right. You need to go into the .ctl file and setup what type of system you are monitoring (or you can do it thru the system menu in the program). Tell it you are listening to a VHF system, and enter the proper base, step and offset information. That should get you started.

slicerwizard

Fleetnet zone 1 settings (use System Menu / Edit Settings to change):

System Type = 16

Base Frequency = 1410150

Step Size = 150

Offset = 380

Base Frequency 2 = 1517300

Step Size 2 = 150

Offset 2 = 579

Base Frequency 3 = 1543200

Step Size 3 = 150

Offset 3 = 632

Then use System Menu / Edit Channels to delete the 800 MHz entries (Page Down to delete current channel record)

Then Autosave or Update to save all changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.