Trunking Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdickerson17

Ok so I have a Uniden BC246T. I have all of the CC's for SNACC and all of the TGID'S for NLVPD programmed in. I can hear NLVPD just fine at home (besides normal crackling) but when im driving it cuts in and out and most of the time all I can hear is static! I have the fleet map set to preset 1, ID scan on, status bit set to yes, and end code yes. Is this normal or is there something im doing wrong? I listin to my scanner the most when im in the car and this is driving me crazy, any help would be appreciated!

P.S. It does this for all the systems on the snacc.......

737mech

Premium Subscriber
snacc help

Ok so I have a Uniden BC246T. I have all of the CC's for SNACC and all of the TGID'S for NLVPD programmed in. I can hear NLVPD just fine at home (besides normal crackling) but when im driving it cuts in and out and most of the time all I can hear is static! I have the fleet map set to preset 1, ID scan on, status bit set to yes, and end code yes. Is this normal or is there something im doing wrong? I listin to my scanner the most when im in the car and this is driving me crazy, any help would be appreciated!

P.S. It does this for all the systems on the snacc.......

Turn off the end code, and make sure you have MOT II rebanded set as trunk type. I'm not sure that band plan 1 is correct?? Or try a direct rrdb download to arc software, create a file, dump your scanner into arc software, create a file, and simply compare files. My bct 15 file is set to "Mot type II 800 custom".

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
That sounds like a reception problem. What are you using for an antenna - just the stock antenna? Is the radio up near a window or down on the seat?

Try having the radio up by the window...or try an external antenna. The Radio Shack 800 MHz rubber duckie antenna works well for one to mount on the radio.

Also take a look at the antenna connector on the radio and make sure it looks okay...check to see if the metal contacts down the center are not spread way apart.

mdickerson17

ok so now i set it under MOT custom but now for the band plan it says it needs the base freq, offset and spacing? and its not picking up anything. oh and i have the 800mhz antenna from radio shack wich helps alot but theres still the cutting in and out sorry i didnt include that info before!

mdickerson17

ok i found the easier to read manual with the info i needed! loud and clear now ill have to go out tonight and see if i have any problems! heres what i have programed in just in case anyone else has this problem,

Band Plan Lower Base Freq Upper Base Freq Offset Polarity Spacing
1 851.025 854.000 440 + 25 kHz
2 851.0125 868.9875 0 + 25 kHz

Oh and thanks for the help never would have got this far without it!

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Snacc help

ok i found the easier to read manual with the info i needed! loud and clear now ill have to go out tonight and see if i have any problems! heres what i have programed in just in case anyone else has this problem,

Band Plan Lower Base Freq Upper Base Freq Offset Polarity Spacing
1 851.025 854.000 440 + 25 kHz
2 851.0125 868.9875 0 + 25 kHz

Oh and thanks for the help never would have got this far without it!

Did the end code on/off help or hurt? I don't bother with it. It seemed useless to me, slowed things down.

Status
Not open for further replies.