PSR500/PSR600: Trunking tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
I was recently checking a few settings on my PSR-500 and noticed my trunking tables had changed to splinter on one of my Tsys objects. I usually program the 800 Mhz p25 tables in custom tables area win500. I do not recall ever setting a splinter table or where those numbers came from? Just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else using a PSR-500? Tried reloading and it seems the scanner is learning and setting the tables automatically when it gets the control channel? Didn't know that happens?

Last edited:

ScannerSK

I leave my P-25 system settings on "P25 AUTO" so the control channel updates the trunking tables automatically. Do you have your system set to "P25 MANUAL"?

ScannerSK

I'm glad to have been of assistance.

I love the reception of the Uniden scanners however I love the programming of the GRE scanners. Somehow these two need to merge into a single fairly inexpensive unit.

SkyPager

So I dusted off the PSR-500 yesterday so I could listen to the USNA 380 MHz system. Not sure what has happened between the last time I used it +18 months ago and today; but no comms for the USNA 380 MHz system. I think possibly the trunking table is incorrect. TT Attached. Thoughts?

Attachments

• TT.JPG
    TT.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 19

737mech

Premium Subscriber
So I dusted off the PSR-500 yesterday so I could listen to the USNA 380 MHz system. Not sure what has happened between the last time I used it +18 months ago and today; but no comms for the USNA 380 MHz system. I think possibly the trunking table is incorrect. TT Attached. Thoughts?
So the tables would be on your Tsys settings page. If Tsys is set to p25 auto no worries if you are close and getting good p25 decode the scanner will set what it gets. If not you may need to set to manual and enter the tables.
Also since it has been some time maybe check to see if the control channels changed. I run a program called Pro96Com. It will show a lot of system information once you get a control channel. Easy to use with your programing cable. Just set in extended settings Dump Data to PC/IF on.

tvengr

Well Known Member
So I dusted off the PSR-500 yesterday so I could listen to the USNA 380 MHz system. Not sure what has happened between the last time I used it +18 months ago and today; but no comms for the USNA 380 MHz system. I think possibly the trunking table is incorrect.
Just set the system to P25 Auto and the trunking tables will auto populate from the control channel. Here is a US Naval Academy file I just did for my Pro-197. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with Win500 and Upload to Scanner.

US Naval Academy
SCAN LISTS:
1. NSAA Police
2. USNA Security
3. USNA EmergOpsCtr
4. NavDistWash Fire

Attachments

• US Naval Academy.zip
    882 bytes · Views: 6

SkyPager

Just set the system to P25 Auto and the trunking tables will auto populate from the control channel. Here is a US Naval Academy file I just did for my Pro-197. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with Win500 and Upload to Scanner.

US Naval Academy
SCAN LISTS:
1. NSAA Police
2. USNA Security
3. USNA EmergOpsCtr
4. NavDistWash Fire
Many thanks!

tvengr

Well Known Member
Does the file work for you? I have no problems receiving the US Naval Academy in northern Baltimore County with my Pro-197.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.