TRX-1 best way using EZScan to clone current configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayvelcoro

I need to replace the memory card in my TRX-1. What is the easiest way to download the data from the old card to the new one using EZScan so that I do not have to re-program from scratch?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Why are you downloading it from the card? All you need to do is get the new card and download from EZ Scan. Just load it from EZ Scan, if it is not in EZ Scan use the old card to copy it into EZ Scan.

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
If the data in your scanner (current cdat & v-scanners) is newer than what you have in EZ Scan, then you will need to copy the configuration from the radio to EZ Scan. If the data in EZ Scan is newer, then you can replace your card without copying the configuration.

When you are ready to replace the card, insert the card in your pc (recommended due to speed) or into the radio.
Go to EZ Scan, click on Scanner/SD Card tab
Select Prepare Scanner Memory/SD Card for use
Follow the directions to prepare the card
Copy the configuration from EZ Scan to the radio and you're all set.

in addition to making a new card, I like to create a 2nd card for backup, in case your primary card goes bad.

Reconrider

If the data in your scanner (current cdat & v-scanners) is newer than what you have in EZ Scan, then you will need to copy the configuration from the radio to EZ Scan. If the data in EZ Scan is newer, then you can replace your card without copying the configuration.

When you are ready to replace the card, insert the card in your pc (recommended due to speed) or into the radio.

in addition to making a new card, I like to create a 2nd card for backup, in case your primary card goes bad.
Do you keep the extra card with you? I have the plastic box the sd card and the sd to bigger so you can read it on the pc taped to my battery door lol

rayvelcoro

I should have added that I do manual programming, so I would like to know the steps to upload the current radio configuration and then download it onto the new care from EZScan. For example, do I save it as a new V-scanner folder or save it into the "archive?"

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I should have added that I do manual programming, so I would like to know the steps to upload the current radio configuration and then download it onto the new care from EZScan. For example, do I save it as a new V-scanner folder or save it into the "archive?"
in ezscan, copy configuration FROM scanner to import data off the scanner, then archive ezscan.

Status
Not open for further replies.