TRX-1 Software Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo876

I recently had to recover my computer and lost the EZScan software. I downloaded it again, and i'm unable to reinstall for some reason. When I try, Window 10 keeps stopping the install. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Jimbo876

I finally got it installed. How I did it was start the pc in safe mode and run the exe that way, and it installed with no problems. I tried to run as admin , but still wouldn't let me. Safe mode did the trick for me thank God. Thank You for your input though.

DJ11DLN

Sounds like you "recovered" to a new Windows 10 which defaults to S mode to prohibit any apps from being installed unless acquired from the Microsoft store.

Windows 10 is full of surprises. I installed the Unication PPS on my machine recently and it (Win10) fought me tooth and toenail. Never had that problem with any other scanner or radio software. I suspect it's something that changed in a recent update but I can't prove that. But the preferences had changed to "only the app store," I had to change them back before it would go and it still threw warning flags right and left. o_O

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
I have had two or three programs lately that needed special permission after the latest round of updates.

DJ11DLN

I found the easiest way to deal with the many surprises of my Windows 10 computer... is to back it up by owning an Apple iMac. ;)
I have never messed with anything Apple/Mac and I'm getting a little old to learn. I just wish I had my Win7 machine back...I got along just fine with it.

Ubbe

Easiest way to handle non microsoft programs are to have Win7 on a second drive and boot up on that. A license code can be had for under $5 from ebay, if you didn't upgrade from Win7. One way could be to partition part of your Win10 harddrive to install win7 to and have dual boot, but are bit more complicated to do. Most laptops have a spare place to put a second drive and I also believe that it is possible to boot from an external USB drive.

/Ubbe

DJ11DLN

Easiest way to handle non microsoft programs are to have Win7 on a second drive and boot up on that. A license code can be had for under $5 from ebay, if you didn't upgrade from Win7. One way could be to partition part of your Win10 harddrive to install win7 to and have dual boot, but are bit more complicated to do. Most laptops have a spare place to put a second drive and I also believe that it is possible to boot from an external USB drive.

/Ubbe
Thanks, I'll look into that. I did not upgrade, my Win7 laptop was stolen. I did replace the HDD in this one with a rather large SSD when it started making noise, so I'd have plenty of room for a partitioned second OS.

It certainly gets frustrating having to reinstall the drivers every time I want to make a change on my GRE-type scanners because MS doesn't like them and throws them out.

wizardofid

I have never messed with anything Apple/Mac and I'm getting a little old to learn. I just wish I had my Win7 machine back...I got along just fine with it.

For the record, while I have recently purchased and iMac... I still run all of my scanner software(s) on two Windows 10 compatible computers. No one seems to make a computer software capable of running EZScan or Sentinal on a Mac IOS computer.

DJ11DLN

For the record, while I have recently purchased and iMac... I still run all of my scanner software(s) on two Windows 10 compatible computers. No one seems to make a computer software capable of running EZScan or Sentinal on a Mac IOS computer.
I've read about so many problems over the years that people seem to have running software/CPS/whatever you call it on a Mac using a Windows Virtual Machine that it just doesn't look like it would be worth the trouble, for me at least. I got into computers a little later than many here; Win95 was the latest and "greatest" (sic) at the time. In those days I would have loved to play around with a Mac but I couldn't afford it. I fear that I'm a little too set in my ways by now. I've fiddled with some Linux distros on a boot stick but that's about as adventurous as I get with a computer. Heck I'm still figuring out things that my Android devices can do.:unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.