TRX-2: TRX-2 Digital Scanner Radio remote head questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Can someone tell me how the remote head works on this scanner, when you pop of the remote head is there a cable that is connected to the scanner and the other end to the remote head and if not then how far away can you have the remote head from the scanner radio.
thanks for any information.

Also if any one can tell me what scanner software can I use to leave the scanner alone and have it log information when I'm out. (ie) scanner frequency and audio
Steve

Saint

Premium Subscriber
The remote head comes with a flat cat 5 style cable and is I think six feet long. It does not work otherwise with the remote head off. (seeing information and channel list).

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for the information about the 6-foot cable I greatly appreciate it
Steve

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I think Don listed 1 time that testing had been done up to a 100 foot cat 5 cable from the scanner to the remote head and the speaker is mounted to the base of the scanner so you would want to remote a speaker also.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Info

I think Don listed 1 time that testing had been done up to a 100 foot cat 5 cable from the scanner to the remote head and the speaker is mounted to the base of the scanner so you would want to remote a speaker also.

Thanks for the information I think 6 foot will be OK for me, that way I won't have to get my rear-end off the couch all the time, would you know if there is any software that can be used to log frequencies and audio for the scanner when you out of the house. I will check the Butel web site and see if they have a program for this scanner, I use there software for my uniden 396-t scanner
Steve

Saint

Premium Subscriber
cat five cable

The remote head comes with a flat cat 5 style cable and is I think six feet long. It does not work otherwise with the remote head off. (seeing information and channel list).

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

A question, is this cat 5 an Ethernet cable, why I'm asking is I have looked up cat 5 cable and the Ethernet cable comes up and it's not expensive at all.
Steve

TAbirdman

Thanks for the information I think 6 foot will be OK for me, that way I won't have to get my rear-end off the couch all the time, would you know if there is any software that can be used to log frequencies and audio for the scanner when you out of the house. I will check the Butel web site and see if they have a program for this scanner, I use there software for my uniden 396-t scanner
Steve

Unit does have recording capability if that's what your looking for.

anelson5004

What is the purpose of linking the remote head and base unit on the new whistler TRX2 scanner? I just received it for a Christmas gift.

thanks
anelson5004

Status
Not open for further replies.