Try new SD card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

firecatohio

Wanna try and take my SD card out of my RS pro-668 and put it in my 1095.. will it work? Or just get a new SD card and try fixing 1095 with it....

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

troymail

Silent Key
The handhelds use a "micro SD card" and the mobiles are SD cards. However, the card will work with an SD card adapter.

As far as moving the micro SD card from the 688 to the 1095 without reformatting and reprogramming -- it *might* work but there are probably (at minimum) some model specific global settings that will be misunderstood.

Ultimately, you probably should consider getting 1 or 2 addition SD cards.

firecatohio

I'm just trying a few things... I'm thinking my SD card in my 1095 is messed up because it isn't picking anything up and my 668 is, right next to it..

firecatohio

Ok quick update... took my micro SD card out of my pro668 and put in my 1095 (w/ adapter).. works. So I'm thinking that the SD card that was in my 1095 to begin with was bad somehow? Putting the SD card from the 668 hasn't done anything to the 1095. Everything works and I'm hearing things...

troymail

Silent Key
Good to hear -- I keep several spare SD cards around always ready to use.... I'm pretty hard on my cards... and learned a long time ago to be more careful ... but, they do wear out and fail....

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Most any store that sells consumer electronics and/or cell phones.

Amazon, Best Buy, Office Depot, Office Max, Staples, Frys, Walmart, Target, etc, just to name a few.

DJ11DLN

Do get a spare card but before you just pitch the old card, try an application called "SD Formatter" on it. The app in the E-Z Scan software isn't very thorough. I've brought several "dead" cards back to life with Formatter.

Status
Not open for further replies.