Trying to find frequencies for Allied Universal Security for South San Francisco, San Mateo, Calif area

Mongoosmike

I can't seem to find where to look for radio frequencies for Allied Universal Security patrol. I find a listing in google for the company in San Diego, but nothing found locally in San Mateo County, where I see patrols in South San Francisco, Cal.

KC1UZJ

Premium Subscriber
If you haven't done so already, search the FCC license database.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I can't seem to find where to look for radio frequencies for Allied Universal Security patrol. I find a listing in google for the company in San Diego, but nothing found locally in San Mateo County, where I see patrols in South San Francisco, Cal.

Try these, this covers the US. I also suggest trying them as both analog (per license) and DMR.

Mongoosmike

Hi, and thank you for the information.
Not sure how, or where I would check for analog (per license) and DMR, but the listing you were showing is a general listing for the US.
I did click on the Calif on map and tried to see frequencies in this approximate area, but it doesn't list a city when I click on a section of the map, so I can't tell how close it is to my particular city.
I have n SDS-100 that I use for my scanning, and I have a Radio Shack PRO-92 that I don't use since the unit doesn't receive Digital.
I am not sure how I would be able to use the SDS-100 to put the frequencies in the SDS-100 listen to the frequencies by themselves, as I am only familiar with selecting frequencies from and editing in Sentinal software, from the database that is programmed into it.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Hi, and thank you for the information.
Not sure how, or where I would check for analog (per license) and DMR, but the listing you were showing is a general listing for the US.
I did click on the Calif on map and tried to see frequencies in this approximate area, but it doesn't list a city when I click on a section of the map, so I can't tell how close it is to my particular city.
I have n SDS-100 that I use for my scanning, and I have a Radio Shack PRO-92 that I don't use since the unit doesn't receive Digital.
I am not sure how I would be able to use the SDS-100 to put the frequencies in the SDS-100 listen to the frequencies by themselves, as I am only familiar with selecting frequencies from and editing in Sentinal software, from the database that is programmed into it.

I sent you the link where the three frequencies are, you put them in the scanner as analog and again as DMR if you have the upgrade. There is no licenses for California which is why I shared the USA license.

But you will probably have issues no matter what we give you since you haven't learned to enter them in your SDS even if you did have the DMR upgrade. Well, I tried, good luck to you.

Peter_SD911

Scan Sexy
Premium Subscriber
Allied Universal is contracted for security services at a given location. Some locations like hospitals or defense contractors already have a 2-way system in place. Allied just uses that system in place.

Check to company that they are contracting with. A.I. doesn't have any local or regional dispatch system. They also use Zello and Cell.

Attachments

• 0458_lovepik-security-guards-patrol-using-walkie-talkie-to-talk-photo-image_wh860.jpg
    0458_lovepik-security-guards-patrol-using-walkie-talkie-to-talk-photo-image_wh860.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 3

Mongoosmike

Hi, and thank you for the input. I do not have the DMR upgrade so wouldn't be able to add that .
Allied Universal does have patrols in this area, and I would think that they would need the license for use in Calif, not a general license from back east.
The low frequency they show is just above the ATC frequency, and probably wouldn't interfere much if the signal leaked out. SFO is literally adjacent, within 1-4 miled from 5 cities in San Mateo County, and my city, South San Francisco is 1 mile away.
Allied Universal is contracted for security services at a given location. Some locations like hospitals or defense contractors already have a 2-way system in place. Allied just uses that system in place.

Check to company that they are contracting with. A.I. doesn't have any local or regional dispatch system. They also use Zello and Cell.
Hi, and thank you for the info. The area that we see their car driving around, (a small white suv with Allied Universal plastered on the car doors), is in a very small open air strip mall, here in South. San Francisco, (in San Mateo County, and not part of San Francisco). The small outside mall only has a small post office, Safeway, a small 24 hr laundromat, a small Round Table Pizza, Wings, and Wells Fargo Bank. They only drive around the parking lot area near the post office and Safeway a few times, sit in parking lot near front of Safeway and post office, then drive behind the buildings where loading areas are, come back and sit in parking lot again, then Ieave and drive near the bank, sit in the parking lot there for several minutes, then leave. Doesn't look like they would be using any other companies communication system in a UI vehicle.
I did find a listing for two of their offices, one in SF, and another in San Mateo, here in San Mateo County. Little hard to figure out exactly who they are contracted with. Never heard of Zello either whatevwr that is. Hopefully they aren't goofing off, wasting AU's gas, or battery power.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
and I would think that they would need the license for use in Calif, not a general license from back east.

They are using an Itinerant license that covers the entire continental United States:
LocationTransmitter Address /Area of OperationLatitude, LongitudeStatus
1 - Itinerant
Special Condition
Continental US

The frequencies on the license are very commonly used -shared- business channels. Not uncommon for companies like this to license frequencies in this way. The Station Class for all the frequencies is "MOI" which is Mobile, Itinerant. That does not mean it's restricted to permanently mounted mobile radios, the MO station class just means it's not a fixed station/repeater, that license would cover hand held radio, also. As the license shows, these are simplex channels, not repeated (Repeaters would need a Station Class that started with "FB").

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
That is the reason they have a general nationwide license, so they don't need to spend the money to get licenses every where they are working.

Here in Raleigh NC the Allied officers that work several areas do not use radios, all the check ins, dispatches and other comms are done by cellphone, with logs done on a tablet. They may be using Zello, I don't know, it is an app for android and iPhones that a number of organizations, including federal officers doing undercover work use.

Last suggestion, if you see them with radios (using the radio) try close call on your scanner.

I programed all 5 itinerant freqs.
Had a hit on 464.5 here in Oxnard Camarillo area of So. Cal.
Sounds like a simplex channel by a construction company
I will continue monitoring, because that's what I do.

DW
So. Cal

Hooligan

Before expending any more of your --and our-- time on this, I suggest you confirm whether they're actually utilizing land mobile radios for their communications instead of assuming they are. Try to spot one of them outside their vehicle and observe whether or not they have a radio.

In the old days, they certainly should have, but for the past decade or two, a lot of security patrols, etc. have switched to just using smartphones, as they're an all-in-one tool -- PTT net & individual voice communications (instead of saying you're not familiar with Zello, why didn't you simply Google it?!), data communications, real-time tracking, imaging, watchman's/guard clock logging, etc.