Trying to find my local police frequencies

Robert828373

Trying to find my local police and fire frequencies, I’m assuming they are encrypted, that’s why I cannot locate them. Any help would be appreciated, I’m in San Antonio, Texas Bexar County.
Thanks

Enforcer52

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
What brand/model scanner are you using? You will need a P25 Phase 2 trunking capable scanner as most everything in Bexar county is either on Alamo Area Regional Radio System (AARRS) or Lower Colorado River Authority (LCRA) P25 systems.

Robert828373

What brand/model scanner are you using? You will need a P25 Phase 2 trunking capable scanner as most everything in Bexar county is either on Alamo Area Regional Radio System (AARRS) or Lower Colorado River Authority (LCRA) P25 systems.
I’m using a anysecu UV-k5 if this model is not compatible, what scanner do you recommend?

Enforcer52

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
I’m using a anysecu UV-k5 if this model is not compatible, what scanner do you recommend?
Since I have never used a UV-k5 I'll have to leave that for someone else to answer since I don't know the capabilities of it. But I would suggest a Uniden SDS100 handheld, but they are much more expensive.

SA_tx_88116

Rather listen than to stream
Police and fire are on AARRS while SAPD is full encryption they slip up a lot of times BCSO is partially encrypted SAFD and BCFA are all in the clear