Trying to install RS programming cable in WinXP??

Status
Not open for further replies.

docbike

Hi Guys,

This is frustrating to say the least. I have a laptop w/windows XP installed and I plugged the cable in and everything seemed to load?? Said driver installed successfully but when I try to use Win500 it doesn't seem to work. How do I find out if its working?? No lights on the dangle?? I try to download from the scannner and it gives me a timeout code??? I am sure that its probably a driver problem but how do I go about gettting it to work?? Thanks for any help in advance.

PS Went to the local RS today and they did the local programming thing but it keeps stopping on what appears to be a repeater and staying there with an annoying noise??? HELP please
'

Clint

Bucko

When I installed the driver for the 20-047 USB cable I first installed the Driver from the CD, re-booted then plugged my cable in. Go to your computer management (control panel, performance & Maint then administrative tools) to check to see what com port is used. I don't have Win500 but I would think you would need to set the com port just like Win96 etc.

N8IAA

Start menu, right click on My Computer, click on Properties, click on Device manager, click on Com ports, see what com port the USB cable is. Go to Win500 and change the com port. Hook up to the radio and do your thing. Oh, and did the RS use Win500 to program your radio? Or, ScanCrap lite?
Larry

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like when I tried to install the driver onto my Laptop. It wouldn't work, and it refused to let me install it manually, where you tell it where the driver is on the disk. After at least 50, yes, 50 installs/uninstalls and reboots, it suddenly allowed me to do it manually, and it worked. On my desktop PC, it installed perfectly on the first try, automatically. On another PC I have it took 2 tries.

screenersam

I hate motrbro
had issues programming a Pro-163; had to change comport setting to #7. fiddled wi about an hour before got it running. instrux weren't all that clear and the menus didn't seem to match 8-(

Status
Not open for further replies.