ProScan: Trying to program a BCD99692

northwildwoodnjman1969

Premium Subscriber
I just got a new scanner for Christmas. I believe it was to have came preprogrammed for me, but i still haven't hear my local PD.
I'm trying to listen to the following
North Wildwood, NJ (PD, Fire, EMS)
Wildwood, NJ (PD, Fire, EMS)
Wildwood Crest, NJ (PD, Fire, EMS)

The scanner is upgraded to receive DMR and I know North Wildwood, NJ PD is on a DMR system but I haven't hear them yet.
I bought and downloaded the ProScan software and well as bought subscription to Radio Reference. I'm able to download from radio reference and upload to the scanner with no issues but no matter what I upload to the scanner, i still cant hear North Wildwood PD :( . I would attach my current scanner file, but not sure how too. Could anybody give me a hand? with my programming?

DJBio

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
What is ur squelch set at
I have mine on 2 and is scanning what u programmed into it.also do u have it close to a window to get the best signal

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I just got a new scanner for Christmas. I believe it was to have came preprogrammed for me, but i still haven't hear my local PD.
I'm trying to listen to the following
North Wildwood, NJ (PD, Fire, EMS)
Wildwood, NJ (PD, Fire, EMS)
Wildwood Crest, NJ (PD, Fire, EMS)

The scanner is upgraded to receive DMR and I know North Wildwood, NJ PD is on a DMR system but I haven't hear them yet.
I bought and downloaded the ProScan software and well as bought subscription to Radio Reference. I'm able to download from radio reference and upload to the scanner with no issues but no matter what I upload to the scanner, i still cant hear North Wildwood PD :( . I would attach my current scanner file, but not sure how too. Could anybody give me a hand? with my programming?
Your ProScan programming file uses a *.txt file extension. That can be attached to a post without having to zip (compress) it. Files from FreeSCAN, and the file types used in the x36HP & SDS series scanners do have to be compressed, or otherwise changed to a permitted file type before adding to a post. Select the Attach files option in a post, then move through the Windows File Explorer screens to find your file & attach it.

North Wildwood PD is DMR, as you already noted. Did you allow ProScan to create OFT systems for it, during the import process?

northwildwoodnjman1969

Premium Subscriber
Hiegtx..... Thank you for your reply. First off posting the file....the options I see in ProScan for me to create a file type for posting are HTML, CSV and SENTINEL HPE File. To post as a text I'm assuming I'll have to looking in Proscan folder for a text file. I see a .txt file that called police scanner freq. I attached that file as the one your properly referring too, If this not the correct file, please advise.

As for allowing ProScan to create OFT Systems for it, I don't recall seeing anything like that. I cans even see anything the ProScan Manual.

Attachments

• police scanner freq.txt
    9.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

northwildwoodnjman1969

Premium Subscriber
Hiegtx..... Thank you for your reply. First off posting the file....the options I see in ProScan for me to create a file type for posting are HTML, CSV and SENTINEL HPE File. To post as a text I'm assuming I'll have to looking in Proscan folder for a text file. I see a .txt file that called police scanner freq. I attached that file as the one your properly referring too, If this not the correct file, please advise.

As for allowing ProScan to create OFT Systems for it, I don't remember.
When I'm downloading the correct frequencies would i have to find North Wildwood PD dispatch in the New Jersey Interoperability Communications System (NJICS) or another way?

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
When I'm downloading the correct frequencies would i have to find North Wildwood PD dispatch in the New Jersey Interoperability Communications System (NJICS) or another way?
Not sure if you're familiar with how trunked radio works but I listen to the Cape May County simulcast regularly when I hit the shore points over the summer. In addition to the frequencies you'll also need to program in talkgroup IDs of interest, so...

Program this simulcast. Note that the Wildwoods are in line with two simulcast cells so you may face a degree of simulcast distortion being you're not monitoring with an SDS100 or 200
1 (1)009 (9)Cape May County SimulcastCape May, NJ769.53125770.11875770.78125c771.16875c771.41875771.69375c771.98125

You'll also need to program in your talkgroups of interest (there may be a few I am missing so double check the database. Anything denoted as mode "TE" is fully encrypted and cannot be monitored. Lucky for you this does not apply to The WIldwoods, yet)
52731499TWildwood PD DispWildwood PD DispatchLaw Dispatch
528314a3TN Wildwd PD DispNorth Wildwood PD DispatchLaw Dispatch
528514a5TN Wildwd PD Ch 2North Wildwood PD Ch 2Law Tac
49651365TWildwood FD OpsWildwood Fire OpsFire-Tac
52731499TWildwood PD DispWildwood PD DispatchLaw Dispatch
46171209TWW Crest PD 1Wildwood Crest PD DispatchLaw Dispatch
4619120bTWW Crest PD 2Wildwood Crest PD Ch 2Law Tac

northwildwoodnjman1969

Premium Subscriber
Thank you Whiskey3JMC ........ I put all the simulcast frequencies in as you suggested. Now I'm getting Police Departments from all over the county, (all except North Wildwood :( ) all through the simulcast frequencies. Since I live on the island of Wildwood, (which is only a little over 5 miles long) do you think I really need to have the simulcast frequencies in my scanner? I'm really not interested in hearing the rest of the county.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Thank you Whiskey3JMC ........ I put all the simulcast frequencies in as you suggested. Now I'm getting Police Departments from all over the county, (all except North Wildwood :( ) all through the simulcast frequencies. Since I live on the island of Wildwood, (which is only a little over 5 miles long) do you think I really need to have the simulcast frequencies in my scanner? I'm really not interested in hearing the rest of the county.
If you only programmed in the talkgroups I outlined in post #7 and nothing else and are still getting traffic from other agencies then be sure ID Scan is enabled (versus ID Search) and it should only pass traffic from the talkgroups you have programmed in