SDS200 issue trying to get scanner to communicate properly to new computer.

tnbound

Premium Subscriber
This scanner has worked for several years on my old computer that was fried with a power failure spike. I have been able to download the favorites into the Proscan software so it seems the computer is communicating with the scanner but on the other hand I am not able to upload the favorites so the Proscan screen is the same as the Scanner screen and also I am not able to hear the scanner over my computer. I have disabled and re-enabled the IP several times in LAN settings. It seems like I am missing something simple. I have checked the port settings and everything seems ok. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Enforcer52

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
Sound - Audio Control> (set Recorder, Source Client, Web Server, Remote Scanner Over IP) Set all to Input Sound Device = URL
Audio Control> Monitor & Test, make sure loopback is checked.

Display - Options> Scanner Specific, look for Display Color Mode, set to Use Sentinel Display Colors, Set Sentinel profile.cfg File Location, then click on Re-Read The Sentinel profile.cfg File. ProScan should then display same configuration and colors as the SDS200.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have been able to download the favorites into the Proscan software so it seems the computer is communicating with the scanner
"download" Do you mean read from the scanner? Is that correct?
The scanner has to be in Mass Storage mode to read the favorites from the scanner . When it's in Mass Storage mode, it isn't in Serial Port mode therefore the screen in ProScan will blank out.

I am not able to upload the favorites
The scanner needs to be in Mass Storage mode to write the favorites to the scanner.

Last edited:

tnbound

Premium Subscriber
"download" Do you mean read from the scanner? Is that correct?
The scanner has to be in Mass Storage mode to read the favorites from the scanner . When it's in Mass Storage mode, it isn't in Serial Port mode therefore the screen in ProScan will blank out.

The scanner needs to be in Mass Storage mode to write the favorites to the scanner.

tnbound

Premium Subscriber
"download" Do you mean read from the scanner? Is that correct? (Yes correct I was able to read the favorites from the scanner into the Proscan favorites database)
Now I want the scanner to communicate with the computer so I can see it on my computer screen and hear it through my computer speakers or headphones.

The scanner is already programmed with all the correct frequencies and working fine just not through the computer or on the visual display from Proscan..

Enforcer52

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
Now I want the scanner to communicate with the computer so I can see it on my computer screen and hear it through my computer speakers or headphones.

The scanner is already programmed with all the correct frequencies and working fine just not through the computer or on the visual display from Proscan..
Did you do the steps I outlined above?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

What method are you using to connect ProScan with the scanner?
1 Using the LAN port for display & audio
2. Using the Micro USB port for display and the External Speaker jack for audio
3. Using a combination:
Micro USB port for display​
LAN for display or audio​
External Speaker jack for audio​

{edit} I see you're using the LAN. First, go to the scanner LAN settings and verify that the scanner has acquired an IP address.
If so far, so good then in ProScan Comm. Port setting, click the URL Setup button then click the Auto Detect button. See if you can take it from there. Do the same in the Audio Control - Recorder (or any audio service).

Last edited:

tnbound

Premium Subscriber
1. LAN for display and audio
2. I have the sound working over the computer now
3. Under scanner specific I have use Sentinel Display Colors selected
4. When I select Sentinel profile.cfg File location it is opening a folder directory and it is highlighting documents file and when I select Proscan I get a popup that says unable to locate The Sentinel profile.cfg to retrieve Display colors and keeps repeating try again. Then when I select Re-read The Sentinel file it states unable to locate.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Go to this folder
Documents\Uniden\BCDx36HP
Then click on Profile then select the profile using.

Load up Sentinel to see the profile using like in the first image. 2nd image shows the profiles. In my case, I would select myProfile.

Untitled.png

tnbound

Premium Subscriber
I had to download Sentinel since I lost that on my old computer and all I see as in your first picture is BCDx36HP Sentinel : Preset. I am not able to go to a profile. I thought maybe I could edit it to add my info but I guess not. Do I have to connect it to my SDS200 to get that info in the program?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Click this button then this dialog will appear. Navigate to the Preset folder then click the OK button.

Untitled.png

tnbound

Premium Subscriber
That brings me to

Documents
Proscan
Uniden
BCDx36HP
ActivityLog
DiscoveryLog
FavoritesList
Preset
HPDB

That is as far as it goes and there is no files in any of those and when I try again I get (Unable to locate the Sentinel profile.cfg folder to retrieve display colors)

tnbound

Premium Subscriber
Ok here was the problem simple but I never thought of it and I guess no one else did either. I don't use Sentinel so it was never installed on my new computer. I only use Proscan to run my scanner. Once installed it worked immediately. This is a good lesson to start with the basics and not look for something more technical than it can be. Patience is a virtue and thank you to all that helped. In the end a little bit of information from everyone helped solve the problem. I would highly suggest if you own an SDS200 that you buy Proscan software. Bob you have a great product thank you again.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Ok here was the problem simple but I never thought of it and I guess no one else did either. I don't use Sentinel so it was never installed on my new computer. I only use Proscan to run my scanner. Once installed it worked immediately. This is a good lesson to start with the basics and not look for something more technical than it can be. Patience is a virtue and thank you to all that helped. In the end a little bit of information from everyone helped solve the problem. I would highly suggest if you own an SDS200 that you buy Proscan software. Bob you have a great product thank you again.
Thanks for the nice words. I'm always looking for ways to improve ProScan. Perhaps I can add a display colors option to use the Sentinel default colors if ProScan can't select the Sentinel Profile folder due to it not being installed.

Last edited: