TSA Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveradio

Just curious if any has had luck with local TSA frequencies at Airports. Been working near Lehigh Valley now and curious what general frequencies they use. KNow they are P25 and generally 164 to 174mhz

172.900 was going to be a starting point for me.

Thanks

kma371

QRT
I've heard TSA at many airports across the country. There should be a list of frequencies in the database.

ecps92

Each Airport is being assigned their own NAC with the new system and many have moved [Not all] away from 172.9000
along with some other agencies being assigned 172.9000 away from an Airport.
If your not sure what NAC they use, just use $F7E. It will receive any P25 signal regardless of NAC code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N9PBD

Premium Subscriber
$F7E would generally be used in a "REAL" two-way, not a Scanner.

$F7E was first brought out of the shadows in the NIFOG
$F7E is the equiv of CSQ/No PL

Bill is correct, don't use $F7E in your scanner, or you won't hear anything. Scanners don't support wildcard NACs, so just turn on NAC/PL search on that channel in your scanner.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Midway Airport TSA stopped using their 172.15 frequency some time ago and I've been searching the bands looking for them. I just went through on a trip and noticed they still are using radios but couldn't get close enough to see type of radios. Added all the known TSA frequencies in conventionally to see if I have any hits, which I haven't yet. Nothing even locally encrypted in the Federal bands around me. Anything else they might be using?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Midway Airport TSA stopped using their 172.15 frequency some time ago and I've been searching the bands looking for them. I just went through on a trip and noticed they still are using radios but couldn't get close enough to see type of radios. Added all the known TSA frequencies in conventionally to see if I have any hits, which I haven't yet. Nothing even locally encrypted in the Federal bands around me. Anything else they might be using?
Check out the excellent blog by @ChrisP to get an idea of what's in use around the country

The Fed Files Blog: TSA Frequencies

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately, Midway Airport is not listed.

I understand that, @werinshades, but it gives you an idea of where to look based on patterns of use at other airports. RDU wasn't listed until I used his list to search outside the box and searched for hours before finding it. Also, must of TSA is now P25.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I understand that, but it gives you an idea of where to look based on patterns of use at other airports. RDU wasn't listed until I used his list to search outside the box and searched for hours before finding it. Also, must of TSA is now P25.

Yes..previously TSA used 172.9 and 172.15 NAC 001 for both. I've been searching the federal bands looking for them without success.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Another thing to keep in mind is that they use simplex a lot more than repeaters. VHF handhelds have very poor propagation. You will need to be within less than a mile to hear handhelds, and less than a few hundred feet for close call hits.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Another thing to keep in mind is that they use simplex a lot more than repeaters. VHF handhelds have very poor propagation. You will need to be within less than a mile to hear handhelds, and less than a few hundred feet for close call hits.

At RDU I can not hear the simplex freq 166.7375 outside of the terminal building.

Status
Not open for further replies.