BCT15X: turning on a single channel?

IQ_imbalance

Premium Subscriber
So i've got the CB frequencies downloaded into my BCT15X from RadioReference (which saved a LOT of typing, thanks!). I've assigned it a system quick key, but what i'd really like to do is turn off all the channels except one. Is there a way to do this short of creating a separate system that only contains the one channel (frequency)?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
So i've got the CB frequencies downloaded into my BCT15X from RadioReference (which saved a LOT of typing, thanks!). I've assigned it a system quick key, but what i'd really like to do is turn off all the channels except one. Is there a way to do this short of creating a separate system that only contains the one channel (frequency)?
If you have all of the CB channels in a single group, there is no quick & easy way to lockout all of the channels except the one of interest. You could, however, create a separate group (but in the same overall system) with only that single frequency.

If you wanted to be able to jump to that single channel and hold on it, you may want to try setting a Number Tag. That lets you quickly jump to specific channel.

IQ_imbalance

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I tried the number tag but it's not taking for some reason. i may wipe the unit and upload everything from ProScan again just in case i'm missing something.

UPDATE: that fixed it, thanks!!!

Ubbe

You can use number tags even with channels that are locked out. For CB channels I use system number 27 and then each CB channel has its own number tag. Going to CB channel 23 would be Hold 27.23 Menu. The HAM 2 meter band I program as system 2 and 70cm as system 70 and their repeater numbers as their number tag. I always have air frequencies in system 4 in all scanners as the 4 looks like and A and the F in four reminds me of Flight. Doing the same setup with quick keys makes it easy to disable and enable systems in scan.

/Ubbe