tuscaloosa city fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avery93

Premium Subscriber
City Fire, PD, and Tuscaloosa SO are already P25 Phase I conventional. Phase II isn't supported on conventional, so they would either have to join the state 700 MHz system when it eventually covers the area, or buildout their own trunking system in order to support Phase II. I have heard no news of either happening.

SCPD

QRT
Thanks for the reply. The 700 system the state is going to, will we be able to receive. What will I need for that. I'm streaming AL State Troopers now along with Bibb county and I'm thinking on getting the HP1.

Avery93

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply. The 700 system the state is going to, will we be able to receive. What will I need for that. I'm streaming AL State Troopers now along with Bibb county and I'm thinking on getting the HP1.

Sorry for the late reply. The Alabama First Responder Network is a P25 Phase II system. Although most of the north end talkgroups are currently Phase I, It is likely that any future users will be Phase II from the start, so it would be wise to invest in a Phase II capable scanner. The only Phase II capable models currently in production are the Uniden BCD436HP and 536HP, and there is also the out-of-production GRE PSR-800 if you can find one. Whistler (the radar-detector company) bought the rights to GRE's line of scanners, and is said to be releasing clones of the PSR-800 and PSR-900 late this year.

At any rate, the buildout of the AFRN has been very slow, with only a few areas served. I would expect it to be several more years before the system makes its way to Bibb or Tuscaloosa County. There is also the heavy use of encryption on the system to contend with.

SCPD

QRT
yes I hated when tuscaloosa sheriff went to encryption,.. during storms it came in handy to listen to them but now we cant, thank you for your information. I am saving up for a bcd536hp. hoping fingerhut gets them in, they have the HP-1 and 996xt among others so maybe soon they will carry the new 536. that would help me alot being Disabled military and a very tight budget, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.