Tuscarawas County MARCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
46580 (79 STRS/WYN FD) - Strasburg FD & Wayne FD

46584 (79 SOUTH FD) - Delaware Valley Joint Fire District, Newcomerstown FD & EMS, Tri-County EMS, Tippecanoe FD, Freeport FD

46678 (79 INDN VLY FD) - Warwick Twp FD, Rush Twp FD, Midvale FD, Arrowhead Joint Fire District

46779 (79 SMITH PVT) - Smith Ambulance Operations

46800 (79 TWIN CTY FD) - Dennison FD, Urichsville FD

46810 (79 DOVER FD) - Dover FD

46863 (79 SMITH) - Smith 911 Responses

46867 (79 NPFD) - New Philidelphia FD

46868 (79 YRK/STN FD) - York Twp FD, Stonecreek FD

46873 (79 BOL/ZR FD) - Bolivar FD, Zoar FD

46908 (79 SWISS FD) - Baltic FD, Sugarcreek FD

46982 (79 NORTH FD) - Mineral City FD, Fairfield Twp FD, East Sparta FD, Magnolia FD, Sherrodsville FD, TRi-Division EMS

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
46580 (79 STRS/WYN FD) - Strasburg FD & Wayne FD

46584 (79 SOUTH FD) - Delaware Valley Joint Fire District, Newcomerstown FD & EMS, Tri-County EMS, Tippecanoe FD, Freeport FD

46678 (79 INDN VLY FD) - Warwick Twp FD, Rush Twp FD, Midvale FD, Arrowhead Joint Fire District

46779 (79 SMITH PVT) - Smith Ambulance Operations

46800 (79 TWIN CTY FD) - Dennison FD, Urichsville FD

46810 (79 DOVER FD) - Dover FD

46863 (79 SMITH) - Smith 911 Responses

46867 (79 NPFD) - New Philidelphia FD

46868 (79 YRK/STN FD) - York Twp FD, Stonecreek FD

46873 (79 BOL/ZR FD) - Bolivar FD, Zoar FD

46908 (79 SWISS FD) - Baltic FD, Sugarcreek FD

46982 (79 NORTH FD) - Mineral City FD, Fairfield Twp FD, East Sparta FD, Magnolia FD, Sherrodsville FD, TRi-Division EMS

Thank you, Steve!

Mike

GregOH

I have done this with very little improvements, have also adjusted the threshold's high and low on the system and seem to get a little better audio but still most of the time not able to understand anything they are saying. Also to be clear I am only trying to monitor the Fire/EMS talkgroups as I understand all the LE talkgroups are encrypted
Being in Dover you're really close to the Seven Mile site as Mike mentioned; you may be able to get by just fine with the attenuator, and/or a smaller antenna. You definitely don't want more antenna!
Possibly this ^. I'm using a WS1040 with the oem rubber antenna and hearing relatively clear transmissions from Tuscarawas and surrounding counties. Reception is a bit choppy at times though, so it's not fantastic but I wouldn't say it's lousy.

I ordered a cheap antenna from Amazon last week that hasn't arrived yet and I'm anxious to see what difference it will make. I figure if it ends up making things worse for home use, I'll use it in a vehicle and leave it at that.

Last edited:

GregOH

The Tram 1089-BNC antenna I mentioned I was waiting to arrive in my last post showed up. I stuck it to a baseboard heater behind my sofa and when I was using it with my WS1040 indoors being in the middle of the simulcast area it performed well. The agency that sounds the worst of them all is Smith Ambulance.

One thing I've noticed is the first transmission from any of the agencies seems to be a bit crappy and the ones to follow seem to be much clearer for some reason.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
Greg, that’s because of the simulcast issues that you are having. When I can copy them from home they are fine on my end. I had the same problem with Jefferson county MARCS and WV Sirn on Ohio County.

I switched from my BCD436/536 to SDS100/200 and that all went away.

GregOH

Greg, that’s because of the simulcast issues that you are having. When I can copy them from home they are fine on my end. I had the same problem with Jefferson county MARCS and WV Sirn on Ohio County.

I switched from my BCD436/536 to SDS100/200 and that all went away.
It's really not that bad. When I bought the WS1040, I planned to sell it due to the simulcast and county LE being encrypted but I ended up deciding to keep it, and then gifted it to my father in law because he needed one.

So now being without one, I'm getting another handheld and it'll be the same one for a few reasons....

The performance wasn't bad at all, just a bit choppy at the beginning of some reception, but still recognizable.

I'll get much more with the 1040 than streaming via Broadcastify.

I spend most of my day outside Tusc county and scan the areas I'm passing through and spending the day at.

With all of Tusc county LE (and some of Guernsey and Carroll) being encrypted, I won't spend the money it takes to buy a SDS100 or 200 just to monitor OSP, EMS, and Fire.

I guess it mostly depends on what one's using a scanner for and I'm more concerned about what's going on with the location I'm currently at rather than places I won't be traveling through or to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.