Status
Not open for further replies.

crayon

RF Cartography Ninja
Database Admin
here is the corrodinates of the tower the antennas are on:

latitude 26 38' 47.07N

longitude 80 10' 21.36W
You are incorrect and artccboy is spot on.
captkel said:
ZMAMIAMI WEST PALM BEACH RCAG 02/11/2010FLORIDA FL26-40-25.230N 096025.230N080-10-54.160W288654.160W
Please take the time to decipher your own data sources instead of confusing everyone.

(unless, of course, you have superseding information from a source you are not revealing)

;)

Last edited:

captkel

You are incorrect and artccboy is spot on.Please take the time to decipher your own data sources instead of confusing everyone.

(unless, of course, you have superseding information from a source you are not revealing)

;)

the data source was google earth, I don't know how accurate they are.
My eyes are though!

captkel

Oops

You know the old saying: You learn something new everyday; well that's for sure today! I just got back from a 74 mile excursion to satisfy my curiosity. lo and behold you guys are correct, the Miami ARTCC PBI RCAG is where you said it is. For over 30 years I believed the antennas were on that tower across from the Turnpike Plaza. The signal strength there is off the wall. From the plaza to the RCAG in a straight line it's PROBABLY about a mile away. The LAT. & LON. on one of my replys came from the FAA..... OK the FAA was close according to the Bing map. By the way you have to take a one way dirt road to get to the RCAG, it was fun (NOT) turning around in the soft dirt, maybe it's still best to listen at the plaza. It looks like they are working on a paved road to the site. If you still want to get closer, park on Lyons Road next to it.

Thankl All

KEL

Attachments

• 100_2921.jpg
    100_2921.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 228
  • 100_2922.jpg
    100_2922.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 202

crayon

RF Cartography Ninja
Database Admin
Nice work captkel, I'm impressed too.

;)

Thanks for sharing pictures of the site. Any thoughts as to where the opposite end of that RCL tower is at?

captkel

Nice work captkel, I'm impressed too.

;)

Thanks for sharing pictures of the site. Any thoughts as to where the opposite end of that RCL tower is at?

your all very welcome, it's not just a job...it's an adventure. The microwave dish is pointing north, the ARTCC is south, PBI airport is to the east, MAYBE this is how it's working. Years ago I knew several ATC guys and at the old FLL tower. the dish on the tower was there for there radar diplays. the radar antenna was on the field, They told me it was first sent to the Miami tracon then back to them all via microwave link, the receiving dish on the tower was pointing to the west, Miami is to the south. West of FLL there was a antenna tower, on it were two reflector plates, one pointed south towards Miami and the other pointed east at FLL tower.That's how they got there feed.Sombody else may have to figure this one out. North of the site is the West Palm Beach Fair Grounds, the county jail and an amphitheatre. If I can in the future I'll put on my NEW glasses and have a look. By the way, when I was a teenager for my birthday i was given a Radio Shack airband/am radio and I took it to the fair, needless to say it worked VERY WELL there...first time I ever heard the Controllers on the ARTCC freqs. That was more fun to me then the fair rides, etc.
Oh last night I was plugging in LAT. & LON> numbers into Bing maps, (pictures are much better then Google) most came back in the middle of the ocean, or in northern Florida....so they bad! Again they came from the FAA. I want to figure out where there antenna farm is in Miami other then at the ARTCC.
I feel a road trip coming on!!!!!
later,
Kel

Status
Not open for further replies.