• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Tytera TYT MD-UV390 Codeplug Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot get my radio to receive any audio for any digital channel. Can someone please review my codeplug file and let me know what I'm doing wrong? My Baofeng DM-1801 works just fine, but I can't get this radio to receive any digital audio. I only get analog voice. It won't let me upload the file so let me know where I can send it. I'm in the Chattanooga, TN area.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
I may be able too. I have the UV380 gps version so I think the CPS might load your codeplug. Are you using a repeater or hotspot? also are the tg's dynamic or static?

I'm using a repeater. I don't know what you mean by dynamic or static. I unlocked the device per instructions on buy two way radio and the audio immediately started coming through. So maybe it was because it was locked? I do have one talkgroup that is not working. I'm using their frequency with no offset. It works on my Baofeng DM-1801 but I can't get the TG to work on my MD-UV390. Thoughts?

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Certain talkgroups are PTT activated and others are on full time. Yes so I suspect because the radio was locked. Same issue with my UV380 when I update things. Weird a repeater should have an offset.

I may be able too. I have the UV380 gps version so I think the CPS might load your codeplug. Are you using a repeater or hotspot? also are the tg's dynamic or static?
Can you give me your email to send my codeplug file to? I don't know if I have this thing right or not.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Can you give me your email to send my codeplug file to? I don't know if I have this thing right or not.
Usually the admit criteria is set to Color Code Free and the In Call criteria set yo Follow Admit Criteria. Also some of your channels appear to
be extra or duplicate that are not assigned to zones. Nothing in the code plug stands out to me as incorrect.

Thank you for looking at it. After a lot of messing around with the CPS and radio I finally figured out the issue. The MD-UV390 is much more difficult to program than the Baofeng DM-1801. With the Baofeng I only needed the one frequency and CC 1 to get the local Ambulance DMR to work. With the MD-UV390 I had to offset the frequency, change the CC to 13, and remove the Group List. It's odd to me how two radios have two completely different settings for the same DMR system. It works now so that's what counts. Now on to figuring another company out...

Status
Not open for further replies.