• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Tytera announces new mobile DMR radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
OK TYT released updated firmware and Programming software and now all is GOOD on the MD 9600.

A lil note: While the new software appears to import MD2017 codeplugs, when I wrote mine to the 9600, the radio is frozen. It won't transmit and the controls are frozen. I went back to one of my original test codeplugs (less information) and all works fine. That codeplug was coded using the 9600 software.

Last edited:

IW2BSF

sorry for this mobile TYT MD-9600

1) the CPS and SW to program is the same of the MD-2017 or not ?

2) is possible to put and see the all WW database of the ham-radio (call, name etc... ) ?

best 73

eaf1956

Feed Provider
sorry for this mobile TYT MD-9600

1) the CPS and SW to program is the same of the MD-2017 or not ?

2) is possible to put and see the all WW database of the ham-radio (call, name etc... ) ?

best 73

1) No, not the same
2) not at the moment, I don't think the screen has the space anyway

IW2BSF

thanks.... you say not space (is not little.....) for see on the display the Callsing , and other info of
the ham-radio in rx , NOT GOOD this by TYT !

eaf1956

Feed Provider
thanks.... you say not space (is not little.....) for see on the display the Callsing , and other info of
the ham-radio in rx , NOT GOOD this by TYT !

You can see the callsign IF you have that person in your contact list!

eaf1956

Feed Provider
And today 8.31.2017 TYT released another firmware update for the MD9600 radio. This is version 3.29 replacing the 3.28 version which was released to fix the radios that were shipped not working.

Drumbum

All else fails make it work after the customer gets it, I'm still keeping my eye on this radio until all the bugs are worked out and they're readily available I really want this mobile

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

eaf1956

Feed Provider
All else fails make it work after the customer gets it, I'm still keeping my eye on this radio until all the bugs are worked out and they're readily available I really want this mobile

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

The old programming software did NOT work, the old firmware the radio shipped with did NOT work. Since then they came out with new programming software (went from 1.12 to 1.18) and new firmware 3.28 was the first one that worked and now 3.29 is out. Works as I updated to 3.29 this morning. Waiting for the 100K contacts thing if they can even do that on the 9600 with the display being so small.

IW2BSF

1) the NEW fw solved the problem is not programmed in vhf ?

2) after the add od the call in the list of the radio.... there is NOT the
possibility to add like the MD380tools or ToolZ to see all the ha-radio calls of the world ?

Yapper

Does the dual band TYT MD-9600 have simultaneous receive? What about cross band repeat?

Yapper

That's too bad. I can't fit it in the car and I need crossband repeat around the house. TYT is coming out with some nice stuff but they need to add a Ham or two to their engineering and design staff.

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
That's too bad. I can't fit it in the car and I need crossband repeat around the house. TYT is coming out with some nice stuff but they need to add a Ham or two to their engineering and design staff.

The 9800 has that. The 9600 does not. If you can give up DMR, go with the 9800.

stantorres

Powering on

If an MD9600 was powered on when 12 volts was disconnected, when 12 volts is applied, does it power back on automatically?

In other words, when I start the car I want it to power on without having to press the power button manually each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.