UCA Salt Lake Groups

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Joined
Sep 17, 2004
Messages
929
Reaction score
228
Location
Moab, Utah
I divided up the huge Salt Lake County group into ten smaller groups. I'd appreciate some feedback. Thus far I left the non-SLC/Sandy TGs in a single "Other Cities" group because they have only 1-7 TGs each. Would you prefer this arrangement, or 18 small city groups, or something in between? Also let me know if you think any TGs belong in a different group.
 

hazrat8990

Active Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Apr 12, 2013
Messages
597
Reaction score
406
Location
Wyoming
My opinion probably doesn't mean a lot, but when things are sorted by county, it is much easier to find things while sorting through a pick list while importing. I was able to quickly create a favorites list of exactly what I want, instead of wasting a bunch of time while sorting through dozens of extra departments. Honestly, I would like to see things stay neat, instead of being a total disaster like Colorado DTRS, or even WyoLink.
 
Last edited:

hazrat8990

Active Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Apr 12, 2013
Messages
597
Reaction score
406
Location
Wyoming
My apologies if I sounded too harsh in my post above. I do like the changes, and really do appreciate the hard work. With that said, please don't let things get out of hand like many of the other states have.
 

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Joined
Sep 17, 2004
Messages
929
Reaction score
228
Location
Moab, Utah
I'm off the same opinion that a huge number of groups with just a couple TGs each isn't ideal. But it's always a balancing act. Giant groups with diverse TGs aren't ideal, either.
 

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Oct 17, 2002
Messages
1,648
Reaction score
308
Location
Bountiful, UT
I agree with Hazrat8990 in thanking you for the hard work you are putting into this effort. Many of us really do appreciate it.
In my favorites lists, I often do 1 list for the County, then I can breakout what I want/ need into separate lists. Looking at what you've done, It does look nice, the way you have it. I do have one suggestion. Set 3 Davis County groups. Davis County, Davis Co South, and Davis County North. Again, thank-you for the work you are doing. We appreciate it. (Really)
 
Top