Unable to hear fire and EMS Rockdale county

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Hi & welcome to the RR forums:
What scanner are you using? Were you able to hear them before? Often times hearing one group and not the other may be as simple as a disabled service type. Assuming this system is the one you are monitoring, you'll want to make sure the Fire-Dispatch and Fire-Tac service types are turned on if your scanner allows you to do so

DanRollman

Database Admin
I actually listen it through an app on my phone, I’m not sure who’s over the scanner of our county

Must be an app issue or an issue with the volunteer feed provider's scanner. I'm hearing Rockdale County Fire & EMS just fine on my radio from midtown Atlanta.

DanRollman

Database Admin
Are you using an app or a scanner?

As I said, I'm hearing Rockdale County Fire & EMS just fine on my radio from midtown Atlanta. I'm not using an app, I'm using a real radio. That's why it must be an issue with your app or with the volunteer feed provider's scanner. There's no issue with the Rockdale County system or with listening to it directly on your own radio or scanner.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
I actually listen it through an app on my phone, I’m not sure who’s over the scanner of our county
Well in that case you're at someone else's mercy. If you're listening to the feed from Broadcastify, the feed provider indicated that they are on a backup receiver so perhaps they haven't programmed fire/EMS in or as I mentioned above the service types may be disabled on their receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.