Unable to pick up DMPD on scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

arugger

Premium Subscriber
I had been using a BC355N and a week or so ago all of a sudden I was unable to receive DMPD channels. I can still get the FD but no DMPD at all. Anybody got any advice?

radiowa

Premium Subscriber
DMPD moved to the ISICS system. The ISICS system is a phase 2 system which it looks like your model of scanner does not support.

If you want to listen online check-out DSMRad.io Receiver and listen to the ISICS channels. The website hasn't been updated yet to reflect the actual Des Moines category.

richwig

And DMFD is perhaps days or weeks away from shutting analog down. They're operating with both the analog and ISICS systems patched together now.

flhays

Premium Subscriber
DMPD moved to the ISICS system. The ISICS system is a phase 2 system which it looks like your model of scanner does not support.

If you want to listen online check-out DSMRad.io Receiver and listen to the ISICS channels. The website hasn't been updated yet to reflect the actual Des Moines category.

I guess I don't understand what you mean. < The website hasn't been updated yet to reflect the actual Des Moines category. >

I have a 436 scanner and it appears to work with everyone but the new DMPD trunked system. I looked around with the Sentinel softwear and saw the TDMA was turned off. I was wondering if that is my problem, but I could not figure out how to turn it on.

MidwestRadioListener

Premium Subscriber
If you can hear the State Patrol you should be able to hear Des Moines. Some Westcom dispatch agency radios are still FDMA and haven't been upgraded yet. All Des Moines talkgroups show up as TDMA so you will need TDMA capability and figure out how to turn that on.

At somepoint all users will be TDMA but it seems like Westcom is taking a while to migrate over. They might be replacing old radios or waiting to get them flashed to TDMA.

ThatisMyName

Are we talking about the WESTCOM? I tried adding these frequencies to my BCD325P2 and it sound like the only one coming through was the FD. I am brand new to how uniden does the channels and how it scans. Had the baofeng before this and was able to program it with ease.

iascanguy

Are we talking about the WESTCOM? I tried adding these frequencies to my BCD325P2 and it sound like the only one coming through was the FD. I am brand new to how uniden does the channels and how it scans. Had the baofeng before this and was able to program it with ease.

Yes. Westcom ISICS should be programmed as a P25 trunked system. The frequencies on Radio Reference for Westcom should be programmed into a site. Then program the Talkgroups, with text tags, that you want to hear into groups.

Donald

Mhilscher

I can't get anything on my 996P2 from the Westcom ISICS. Is anyone else having similar issues? It feels like something is incorrect on RR.

timkilbride

Database Admin
I can't get anything on my 996P2 from the Westcom ISICS. Is anyone else having similar issues? It feels like something is incorrect on RR.

The 996P2 is featured to receive P25 Phase 2 systems, it is not designed to receive simulcast systems like Westcom. The only Uniden scanners designed for simulcast are the SDS 100 and SDS 200.

Nothing is incorrect on RR. The control channels haven't changed and the talkgroups are still the same.

If you post your scanner codeplug on here, I bet someone would look it over for any errors.

Tim

Mhilscher

Thanks, I am a bit of a newbie to the scanner world. I am using FreeScan and have the premium subscription so I am importing it directly. Here is my config.

Thank you so much, so basically my scanner won't be able to get that tower.

Attachments

• BCD996P2 1-13-2021.zip
    7 KB · Views: 21

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin

I was in Des Moines a few days ago and had no problems receiving Westcom on my G5.

It made me jealous of Urbandale's Locution dispatch system.

Mhilscher

Thanks everyone, is this where I am going wrong in the selection? Do I have the incorrect site selected for my groups?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    143.5 KB · Views: 32

iascanguy

Thanks, I am a bit of a newbie to the scanner world. I am using FreeScan and have the premium subscription so I am importing it directly. Here is my config.

Thank you so much, so basically my scanner won't be able to get that tower.

I checked the program file and it looks ok, except the only site you need is the Des Moines /Westcom site. You should delete the other 3 sites, Lucas, Delaware and Ewing (none of these sites have the control channels programmed).

As previously stated, Westcom is a simulcast system. The 996P2 isn’t designed to properly receive simulcast transmissions, but you should be able to hear some transmissions, although you may have to reorient the antenna (you may have to do this frequently) or move the scanner and (back of set?) antenna to another location.

Some other things to try

Unlock some of the locked talkgroups (like West Des Moines) and switch from ID scan to ID search to see if you can hear anything at all.

I see you have GPS enabled, try turning that off and see if that helps.

Donald

ThatisMyName

Yes. Westcom ISICS should be programmed as a P25 trunked system. The frequencies on Radio Reference for Westcom should be programmed into a site. Then program the Talkgroups, with text tags, that you want to hear into groups.

Donald

Thank you, I fiddle with some things and figured out so far but this is pretty good to use for a reference. Thank you for the help. I am still learning and thinking about maybe going into HAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.