• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication Programming Assistance

MK_MD88

Has anyone been able to get programming assistance from Unication?

I am having trouble programming my Unication G5 for station tone outs.
Baltimore county, MD is issuing volunteer stations G4's for paging purposes. I was given a
G4 by my station but since I have a G5 I am looking to program mine and give them back the G4 for other members
to use. I was just going to read the profile for the G4 but it is password protected.

Baltimore County is using the North TGID 9452 which I believe it being simulcasted from 46.46.

I can't get anyone from the BCoFD radio shop to assist.

Thanks

Michael

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone been able to get programming assistance from Unication?

I can't get anyone from the BCoFD radio shop to assist.

Unication typically will send you to your dealer for help, dealers are great for advice, but often send you to RR Forums for help. This forum is the best source of information. Have you tried the two tone detect feature in your pager (if you have updated FW)? This often gives you information. There are many threads in the forum with people having paging issues through TGs on trunked systems, scroll through and look for these threads and you might find responses that help.

That said, the best source of help would definitely be the radio shop, perhaps if they won't help you it is because they don't want the information released or want you to use their pagers rather than your own. Or maybe it has been in the way you asked, approach them again and see if you get a different response from a different person.

Finally, have you tried to read the BCoFD G4 (assuming it isn't PW protected) and duplicate the info for the tone outs?

MK_MD88

Unication typically will send you to your dealer for help, dealers are great for advice, but often send you to RR Forums for help. This forum is the best source of information. Have you tried the two tone detect feature in your pager (if you have updated FW)? This often gives you information. There are many threads in the forum with people having paging issues through TGs on trunked systems, scroll through and look for these threads and you might find responses that help.

That said, the best source of help would definitely be the radio shop, perhaps if they won't help you it is because they don't want the information released or want you to use their pagers rather than your own. Or maybe it has been in the way you asked, approach them again and see if you get a different response from a different person.

Finally, have you tried to read the BCoFD G4 (assuming it isn't PW protected) and duplicate the info for the tone outs?
I really don't have any working knowledge of how these things work. I guess I just got lucky watch some Youtube videos but they seem to be outdated for paging.
PPS Version: V0.4.0.39
FW: V2.02

Its not really that they are no help. No one really knows who works in the shop or who to ask.

They have it password protected from reading and writing unfortunately. I literally plugged mine in the minute I unboxed it to see.

Here is the profile if anyone wants to look at it.

Attachments

• GxPPS_V0.4.0.39 _MKII_241014.zip
    99.1 KB · Views: 21

OnYourSix

NY --> NC
Premium Subscriber
It is my understanding that simulcasted tone outs do not work some of the time. We simulcast from VHF and the alerts don't work on a G5.

kb9klc

Premium Subscriber
You mean they don't know the password or won't give it to you? Someone has to know the password somewhere, and that's the simple answer. I would think in order to get theirs back they'd be happy to help but then again, I know how these things can go. Sorry I can't be of more help.