BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Uniden BCD436HP Issue.

I have a BCD436HP for a year. I am located in Annapolis. Awhile ago, I was able to manually program the scanner to only hear my County. The other day, I noticed I was not hearing my local talk group ID's. I hadn't listened for a number of days. I plugged the scanner in and checked to see if I needed a firmware update, which I apparently did. The scanner is working and IO see it scanning over the services but it is not stopping on any of my local talk groups. It's stopping on some First Responder Interoperative channel I never heard of. I have no idea what the issue is. I reviewed the favorites list- it's all there. I'm sure there is something I left out or did wrong. The scanner is scanning other states which I do not want. If I try to adjust the settings, it says nothing to scan. I checked to see that talk group ID's are set to "on". How I previously figured this out is beyond me. I'm now just going around in circles. HELP.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The first thing I'd try is to scan the full database, being sure you have your zipcode correctly set, using a Range value of 0.

Assuming you resume hearing the local stuff, you might check your Favorite List programming. See if something is avoided, or if used, quick keys are active.

You may also look at the Nothing to Scan checklist either searching here or in the user manual. That may give you some additional avenues to explore.

It might be a pain, but you could always recreate the Favorites List programming and see if starting from scratch solves your dilemma. There are so many little things this could be and it may save time just to re-do the Favorites List, unless you are really curious and have time to check each "thing".

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Firmware would have nothing to do with changes to your favorite lists.
What does your profile show as your location?
Update it to your current location.
This is assuming you are not running a GPS.
Double check all your service types are correctly set.
Then save the profile.

Check, then double check all of your favorites for accuracy again.
Write to scanner if everything is OK.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Anne Arundel County has recently switched to a new P25 system. You need to update the database, not the firmware. If you are scanning a favorites list with the old Motorola system, you need to create a new one with the P25 system once the database has been updated. Law enforcement is fully encrypted and cannot be received by any scanner. Here is a link to the new P25 system: Anne Arundel County (P25) Trunking System, Various, Maryland

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
I’ll bet you have the Full Database turned on. In Menu, go to the first item listed called “Set scan Selection” choose that and advance to the next screen. Then choose “Select Lists to Monitor”. The first choice is “Full Database”. Set “Full Database” to Off. Then check the second item, “Search with Scan” and turn that to Off also. While you are at it, you can check and see what your setting are for your other FL’s.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
I’d also check the RR Database to see if any of what you used to monitor has gone the way of encryption. Your BCD436HP will ignore encryption by design and instead continue scanning.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Make sure you read my previous post #4. Here is a favorites list for the new Anne Arundel County P25 trunked system. The site is simulcast. Depending upon your location, you may experience simulcast distortion which results in missed transmissions, garbled audio, or possibly no reception at all. If that is an issue, try turning on the attenuator for the site and moving the scanner around the room. You can also try laying the scanner on its back and rotating it so that the antenna points in various directions. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Go to the File tab in Sentinel and click on Import from hpe file (Favorites List). Click on New Favorites List and name it: AnneArundelCo MD Click on OK. In the downloads folder, open the extracted file. It will appear as a favorites list in Sentinel.

Attachments

• AnneArundelCo MD Fav.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 4
The first thing I'd try is to scan the full database, being sure you have your zipcode correctly set, using a Range value of 0.

Assuming you resume hearing the local stuff, you might check your Favorite List programming. See if something is avoided, or if used, quick keys are active.

You may also look at the Nothing to Scan checklist either searching here or in the user manual. That may give you some additional avenues to explore.

It might be a pain, but you could always recreate the Favorites List programming and see if starting from scratch solves your dilemma. There are so many little things this could be and it may save time just to re-do the Favorites List, unless you are really curious and have time to check each "thing".
Thank you very much for your suggestions. I will follow up. Much appreciated.