BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Uniden data base

Status
Not open for further replies.

bushpusher

Is there a way to see what Uniden has programmed for a Full Data Base for my zip code i know its more then
Radio Reference has when i use my zip code
Roger

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to see what Uniden has programmed for a Full Data Base for my zip code i know its more then
Radio Reference has when i use my zip code
Roger

The Uniden full database is taken directly from the RR database. See if this is what you're looking for...

Be sure that "Monitor Full Database" is checked in the Profile Editor.

Then in Sentinel, on the top menu bar click "Edit", then click "Add channels on range". Select all service types, and then enter your zip code. That will show you everything that the scanner can load to scan with your zip code using the default zip code range setting of 10 miles. Again, be sure "Monitor Full Database" is selected to see all that can be loaded for your zip code.

Check here for an important explanation of range settings:

Last edited:

bushpusher

fxdscon Thank you i will have to sit down with Radio Reference and get so experience.
the Uniden BCD436Hp is my first digital scanner i still have a old radio shack pro 91 analog which was my previous
scanner before a lot of changes to p25 in my area thinking about it i might even have a few old scanner crystals
kicking around
Roger

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Also, what is going on when you set a zip code: There is a lookup table in the scanner's programming for all zip/postal codes. This table has the lat/long for each zip code, approximately the center of the zip code's geography. This is what establishes the scanner's location (subject to be overridden by any GPS input there may be).

Anything that is "in range" of that location will be loaded and turned on as noted in the Location, Location, Location post above.

ScubaJungle

There is nothing more - it is exactly whats on RR. You probably just arent seeing it all on RR as its not all listed under your county (statewide, nationwide)

Status
Not open for further replies.