Uniden database update

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobCrk

How many of you programming with Sentinel software update your Uniden database weekly on the SDS200 even if there are no changes for your area on Radio Reference?

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
I update it in Sentinel every Monday...
Don't really update the scanner with it unless something changed that I listen to and need to make changes...
Or it updates on the scanner when I change settings and wright back to the scanner...

I don't use the full database or a GPS... Just Fav lists...

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Only as needed for my immediate area. Michigan is constantly in a state of flux, but on the average I only see changes that will affect my base about once a month. I do download the updates to my computer weekly but not to my scanner.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
I DO check RR (my state) very regularly for changes.

And, yes, I update the database every week, regardless.
I may not hook up the radios and update them every week, but my Sentinel is kept up to date.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
How many of you programming with Sentinel software update your Uniden database weekly on the SDS200 even if there are no changes for your area on Radio Reference?
Generally, I may update the Sentinel database every other week, unless there have been substantial changes in my area. Since, at home & in the areas I visit on a regular basis I'm using Favorites lists, not the main database and location, a database update has no effect on what I'm listening to. I monitor updates in the database through the "MYRR" page, and update the lists accordingly. If I were going to take a trip, to new area, or an area that I rarely visit, then I would update the main database so that I could use a GPS to handle the systems I'll encounter.

We have a couple of systems in my area that are undergoing changes, adding new jurisdictions, along with one analog trunked system that is being phased out, with users moving to a different trunked system (P25 Phase II). If there were a substantial number of additions or other changes in one of those, I might update the main database (after the updates make it into the Sentinel database weekly update) so that I can append the new information to one of my lists. But if it's only a TGID here, or a frequency update somewhere else, it's easier to just make the changes manually rather than starting all over again appending systems to a list.

RadioSc

Doesn't play well with others
Every 6 months for me. Since I set it on ID Search and not ID Scan I don't miss a thing. If there are like a lot of TGIDS that's not got a Identification behind it . Then I'll update my scanner

smithken

Premium Subscriber
I've gone as long as a year or 2 without updating my 536. Currently it has been 3 months since I've updated the database for my SDS. Everything I monitor is in a favorites list and they don't change with database updates so I have no reason to have an up to date database.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
I pretty much only use favourites lists that are all broken down fairly specifically. Don't see myself opening Sentinel very often, ever.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
For my needs, that are running only fav lists and not traveling, I rarely update. I only update if there is updated items for my area. I really don't see a point doing it weekly if I never use the full database. I do update any time I am going to travel.

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
I use favorites lists and check RR Database nearly everyday for area updates. Only a few updates in a year, and I manually ad them to favorites using Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.