SDS100/SDS200: Uniden Replaced the USB port on my SDS200

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Any standard USB to USB Micro cable (NOT Mini) that that carries power and data will work. If you're sure you are using a cable of that type and you can't get the screen on the scanner to change to asking it you if you want serial or mass storage mode when connected to your PC, the port on the scanner is most likely damaged.

Or....
It is always possible that the computer has a P&P issue.
Maybe look at device manager to make sure the PC is 'seeing' it?
Try a different USB port.
Reboot and retry.

delmarsnoderly

Premium Subscriber
Any standard USB to USB Micro cable (NOT Mini) that that carries power and data will work. If you're sure you are using a cable of that type and you can't get the screen on the scanner to change to asking it you if you want serial or mass storage mode when connected to your PC, the port on the scanner is most likely damaged.
Thanks, I am thinking the port is damaged.

delmarsnoderly

Premium Subscriber
Can also be done with an external card reader if you have one....
Put the Sd card in the reader and open Sentinel and do the firmware update...
That will load updated firmware to the card...
When you put the SD card back in the scanner and turn it on it will load the new firmware....
Thanks I am going to try that.

delmarsnoderly

Premium Subscriber
Or....
It is always possible that the computer has a P&P issue.
Maybe look at device manager to make sure the PC is 'seeing' it?
Try a different USB port.
Reboot and retry.

i finally got sentinel installed on this pc and was able to transfer my favorites list to it from my sds 100, the port is a little loose on the 200 so I believe that is probably the issue. Thanks for the info

AA7SR

Should you be able to program the 200 using either front or rear micro port? I just unpacked my new SDS200 over the weekend and tried connecting via the rear USB and got nowhere. Plugging into the front port worked fine. What's the purpose of having two ports anyway? Convenience?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Should you be able to program the 200 using either front or rear micro port? I just unpacked my new SDS200 over the weekend and tried connecting via the rear USB and got nowhere. Plugging into the front port worked fine. What's the purpose of having two ports anyway? Convenience?

The rear USB micro port was designated as "for future use" when the SDS200 was released, but nothing was ever developed by Uniden for it's use.