SDS100/SDS200: Uniden SDS100 pausing on empty DMR Transmissions

Hi

I have some DMR frequencies that are programmed in.
But, when I'm in scan mode, the scanner pauses on those frequencies for a while, even though nothing is being transmitted at that time.
When there is a transmission, it sounds fine and I can hear it. But, when there is nothing, I'm missing out on other radio calls, as the scanner isn't scanning, it's stuck on those DMR ones.
After a good 30 seconds (The length varies) it will then move on and start scanning again, and the cycle repeats.

It never happens on analog frequencies.

I've played with squelch and it still happens.

Any advice would be great.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Did you check to see if the scanner was set to a higher delay time on those DMR channels? It doesn’t seem like the scanner would hold on a channel unless there was a signal present, unmodulated or not.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Are you scanning a trunked control channel(s)?
That will halt a scanner. There can be voice traffic on the other slot. Then it's returning to the control data.

Are you scanning a trunked control channel(s)?
That will halt a scanner. There can be voice traffic on the other slot. Then it's returning to the control data.
I'm not sure, it's frequencies I saved from the limit search feature.

When it pauses, it does show color codes and TGIDs on the screen. Could that be it?

If it is trunked, how do I fix this?

cg

Premium Subscriber
DMR, conventional or trunked, can transmit non voice traffic over a frequency. You are very likely getting that signal which the scanner ignores but does not resume scanning.

DMR, conventional or trunked, can transmit non voice traffic over a frequency. You are very likely getting that signal which the scanner ignores but does not resume scanning.
And there is no way to fix it so that it doesn't stop on it?

cg

Premium Subscriber
Do what the others told you. Program it properly as either MotoTrbo or as a One Freq Trunk depending on what it actually is. Then program in the talkgroup(s) you are hearing voice on and use ID Scan.