Votes: 42 39.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The price of the UPGRADE includes License Fees and the cost to develop the said PROTOCOL into the cost of each UPGRADE LICENSE.
That, I believe, is the gist of UPMan's explanation on the upgrade fees when the PreoVoice, & later DMR, upgrades became available quite some time ago.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
slicerwizard said:
And you've ignored the fact that the upgrade fee only covers licensing costs. Every buyer pays for the development costs.

So since I own 3 different SDS series scanners, I figure I've already made my contribution to development

Motik

@Motik
You have distributor in France with plenty of stock? Are there many shops sell Uniden in France?
I bought my Uniden scanners online from the UK and Spain, where they were cheaper. We do have a couple online shops in France (Passion Radio and CB+ come to mind).

hamradionl

@Motik
btw i contact passion in France, they do not sell the latest Uniden models. The only company i found in mainland Europe who have the newer Uniden models in stock, that is Avera located near Breda the Netherlands. Like i mention early post, uniden not do big marketing there products in Europe.
With the help from some local listeners in my area we did a count, in our area the most used mode is still analog and for digital its Kenwood NXDN 48 and 96 and second tetra. Local Kenwood brand is heavy promoted in the commercial users and Hytera handheld for DMR and with the local tetra provider network.

deim

Universal Scanner Audio Player developer
There maybe software for sdr recievers that will recieve Tetra

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Been a year now (minus a day) that the last update, or really any support, of the SDS scanners has come about.

Really having doubt if there will ever be continued support of Uniden's "Flagship" scanners

racingfan360

I understand, but...My patience is running out, to sell SDS and buy AOR...
In my region Tetra is one of the most popular system.

I think your only options for TETRA are:

SDR Sharp (plus TETRA plugin) for TMO/DMO:

OpenEAR (TMO voice only)

AOR AR-DV1 or DV10 for TMO/DMO voice only:

vselic

Anything here in Europe is useless, because mostly all traffic is encrypted here. RTL SDR dongle + airspy is useless, because it just decode the tetra signal, but the voice/traffc is still encrypted, scrambled...

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
All the discussion is great but in the end, we just have to let TETRA play out, expand, and see what happens with scanner add on upgrades. I like the additional cost concept for upgrades DMR, NXDN and maybe TETRA, because I don't need them and don't want to pay upfront for them. Its discussions like these where I most miss Paul, UpMan.

Status
Not open for further replies.