Uniden wav files player and organizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubbe

I noticed on the x36hp side the TG UID are not showing up just blank.
I was playing with different firmware versions for the 536 and recordings done with earlier firmwares have a different file structure and show up with info in the wrong places in the wavplayer and some info doesn't show up at all.

I think Unidens firmware are using some sort of indicator byte to tell where the data starts and the firmware searches thru the file until it finds that indicator. So a fixed address relation only works until Uniden decides to change the format again.

/Ubbe

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
This audio files have little bit another internal structure.
it takes some time to add support old firmware wav files.
Do you remember which scanner firmware version generate this files?
Not off hand. That was on the 436. I don't have the x36hp any longer.

daddyjohn

I love this program and thank you for providing it. I did notice this today, it is not displaying the frequencies correctly of one system. Also, it is not displaying latitude and longitude coordinates. It is the Jasper County/ Carthage MO Public Safety system.77070

deim

Universal Scanner Audio Player developer
I love this program and thank you for providing it. I did notice this today, it is not displaying the frequencies correctly of one system. Also, it is not displaying latitude and longitude coordinates. It is the Jasper County/ Carthage MO Public Safety system.View attachment 77070
Hi! Can you send me this files? And wich scanners type generate this files?

deim

I love this program and thank you for providing it. I did notice this today, it is not displaying the frequencies correctly of one system. Also, it is not displaying latitude and longitude coordinates. It is the Jasper County/ Carthage MO Public Safety system.View attachment 77070
New release UnidenWavPlayer.exe version 1.0.0.23
fix some issue with correctly determine scan mode and extracting frequency.
GPS coordinates show only when Location control is set to On

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
I just "discovered" this thread (and file) earlier this morning and all I can say is 'what took me so long to find it??' LOL!! For some reason, my virus protection on my main laptop doesn't like the program, but it runs just fine on my back-up netbook PC. Same protection (McAfee), but different operating systems (W8,1 vs. W10. Not sure if that's what causing the issue on my regular laptop or not). Anyways, I'm loving this program so far. I do a lot of recording and this program makes sorting all the files a piece of cake. It's a little difficult to read on an 11 inch display though, so I'm hoping I can get it up and running on my regular laptop soon since it has a 17.3 inch display.

Thanks for creating this program. It's a godsend for sure!! (y)(y)

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
I just "discovered" this thread (and file) earlier this morning and all I can say is 'what took me so long to find it??' LOL!! For some reason, my virus protection on my main laptop doesn't like the program, but it runs just fine on my back-up netbook PC. Same protection (McAfee), but different operating systems (W8,1 vs. W10. Not sure if that's what causing the issue on my regular laptop or not). Anyways, I'm loving this program so far. I do a lot of recording and this program makes sorting all the files a piece of cake. It's a little difficult to read on an 11 inch display though, so I'm hoping I can get it up and running on my regular laptop soon since it has a 17.3 inch display.

Thanks for creating this program. It's a godsend for sure!! (y)(y)

I compared the anti-virus settings on both computers and found a couple of differences between the two. Once I changed the settings on my big laptop to match those on my netbook, I was able to run the program with no issues. It looks better and is definitely easier to read on a 17.3 inch display. (y) :)

chris8video

This is a great idea. I was just looking this morning for a way to do this. I loaded my SDS-100 recordings on my Mac and although the "preview" version of the playback will show a good bit of the information from the file when I play the files in iTunes....NONE of the information is translated to the corresponding fields. I plan on checking this program out as soon as I'm back to my PC laptop later today.

daddyjohn

I agree, these would be handy options.
Quick glance and it looks good.

Maybe add an option to delete, some right-click options s well - play, delete, tag.

I did not think to check, but can columns be hidden, moved or re-sized? Some I do not need.

I've used Media Monkey for years, but this is smaller and all I should need to do what I want.

Thanks

mbui03

I'd also like to add, great program, only had it 2 days and giving it a real test and works great, I'm trying to see decode the other details in the "source". If I discover more detail I will add it to the post.

Ubbe

Do you think it would be possible to support the DMR format of a 536 in scan+search mode and a recording of a search hit?
This file has TG1 and UID 5 but it only shows the frequency and color code in the player.

/Ubbe

Attachments

• 2020-01-16_09-09-48.zip
    11.9 KB · Views: 6

deim

Do you think it would be possible to support the DMR format of a 536 in scan+search mode and a recording of a search hit?
This file has TG1 and UID 5 but it only shows the frequency and color code in the player.

/Ubbe
Ok, i will watch your files on this weekend's and I'll think of something.

deim

/Ubbe
Can you send me more files? I can't reproduce this situation with dmr in "Search and scan" mode on my scanners. I think problem in dmr mode. In your file dmr mode is tier 3?

Ubbe

It should be a single frequency DMR as far as I know. No TierIII but don't remember if it indicated cap+ or not.
It's a very weak signal so probably cannot run DSDplus or DMRdecode from USB dongle receiver.
I will try and find other files and systems where it doesn't show TG and UID in the player.

/Ubbe

Ubbe

I have another file here that have encrypted calls that the 536 display as TG100 and UID 104.
When I look in the files that do not show TG and UID in the wavplayer I see that the info are
always in those files at address 3A3 and 3A7 respectivly.

/Ubbe

Attachments

• No_TG_and_UID.zip
    6.9 KB · Views: 5

deim

I have another file here that have encrypted calls that the 536 display as TG100 and UID 104.
When I look in the files that do not show TG and UID in the wavplayer I see that the info are
always in those files at address 3A3 and 3A7 respectivly.

/Ubbe
Ok. Thanks for files. Now i am testing new version. I think, it is posible to add this info in wav parser.

Status
Not open for further replies.