unit ids

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjlamb

It's done the same way that you would tag a talkgroup ID. Just program the unit ID into the scanner the same as you would program a talkgroup ID.... ex: i54321.... then tag it with any name you like.

mclove

Premium Subscriber
Unit ids

Ok what im trying to say is how do i tag the unit id ok i have trunk id 48-tag withe the name east-end police ok the unit id for dispatch comes up (201) i wood like to tag that the unit id with the name (dispatch) so eveytime thae unit id shows it will say dispatch it always the same unit id always (201)just want to tag that unit id how do i do that ? Thanks

Kennrth

Premium Subscriber
I have the latest FreeScan and ARC XT Software. I see no provisions for doing this in scanner menus or software. But I do see Unit id's in logging area of ARC XT software virtual mode. Otherwise I know no way of doing this on bcd996xt.

There are no provisions to scan id's either. Only Talk Groups.

Id's I think are a sub group of talk groups - individual members of a talk group that is. For security reasons probably best left alone.

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Program the unit id into a channel. Program an alpha tag for that channel.

sjlamb

Ok what im trying to say is how do i tag the unit id ok i have trunk id 48-tag withe the name east-end police ok the unit id for dispatch comes up (201) i wood like to tag that the unit id with the name (dispatch) so eveytime thae unit id shows it will say dispatch it always the same unit id always (201)just want to tag that unit id how do i do that ? Thanks

Don't know how to make this any easier. It is the same as I have already stated:

Press: MENU

Select: PROGRAM SYSTEM

Scroll to and Select the SYSTEM that you want to put that Unit ID in

Select: EDIT GROUP

Scroll to and Select the Group that you want that Unit ID in

Select: EDIT CHANNEL

Scroll to and Select: NEW CHANNEL

Enter in the Unit ID: i201 (Must Begin with the letter " i " ).

Press: E/yes

Select: EDIT NAME

Type: "Dispatch" or Whatever else you want to call it

Press: E/yes

This is how you add and/or edit a Unit ID with alpha tagging. If you're asking something else.... I'm at a loss as to what you're trying to do.

Last edited:

sjlamb

i just like to say thank u upman and sjlamb for the help

You're most welcome. Glad to hear that you were able to get it programmed the way you wanted.

If you are using software to program the scanner; you will now find that when you download from the scanner, the unit ID and the alpha tag you created will appear in the same list as the talkgroup IDs for that particular Group. Adding a bunch of Unit IDs with your own alpha tags is done much faster and easier by using programming software than the manual procedure detailed earlier. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.