Unitrunker and mdc 1200

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve1trb

I suspect this question has been asked before in this forum but I was unable to find any thread that answered it so I'll ask. Can unitrunker decode mdc 1200? If so what settings do I need to use?
I set my system up and it does grab the mdc signal quite nicely, but what it is displaying is in hex. When I convert the hex to decimal is is no where near what the transmitted number actually is.
I have also set up WINMDCD10 which workes perfectly when it wants to but it is really hit and miss for me even when I set up levels using the scope in unitrunk.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
MDC1200 isn't a trunking protocol, so I'd doubt Unitrunker would do it.

WinMDCD is what I used when I used it, and it decoded it fine (and the hex to dec was spot-on).

ve1trb

OK Thanks Jay, I understand mdc 1200 isn't a trunking protocol, and I was actually amazed to even see anything at all come up on the monitor, but it grabbed the signal like nothing and Win MDCD didn't even flinch so I figured maybe I was just doing something not quite right. Maybe I'll mess with the WinMDCD a bit more.
Thanks again.

gary123

win mdc might be looking for a cleaner input signal. I have found that unitrunker will decode extremly noisy signals with no trouble :) . you might want to modify the connection you are using to improve winmdc's performance.

ve1trb

Could very well be looking for a cleaner input, I'm interfacing with a Signalink USB from an FT7800. Although the Signaling is cleaner that a regular sound card, it could very well be not quite good enough for the win mdc. Too bad win mdc isn't as forgiving as the unitrunker. Might be a nice addon for Unitrunker if there is such a thing (wink wink).

gary123

you might also want to adjust the level. many programs have different input levels that they are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.