Unitrunker Release 30 (updated with Hot Fix)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nlurker

"Automatic fine tuning for RTL2832U receivers"

This is my favorite new feature! It now stays locked onto the control frequency much, much better than before.

rock18

I intalled this latest version a few days back, and earlier this morning noticed some talkgroup voice grants having arbitrary unit id's as the source (on p25 sys) anyone else see this?
The talkgroup history shows a blank as the source, at the moment the live screen showed an arbitrary (from what I can tell) unit id, and the log has correct data.

aps_ak

Premium Subscriber
I intalled this latest version a few days back, and earlier this morning noticed some talkgroup voice grants having arbitrary unit id's as the source (on p25 sys) anyone else see this?
The talkgroup history shows a blank as the source, at the moment the live screen showed an arbitrary (from what I can tell) unit id, and the log has correct data.

I do notice that I have a lot more "joins" in the summary, by the same radio ID. It got to the point where I have to uncheck the "joins" box because it gets distracting to monitoring other hits. For example, "Radio 1111111 Joins 23456" appears every couple of minutes or so. I don't know what causes this either.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I do notice that I have a lot more "joins" in the summary, by the same radio ID. It got to the point where I have to uncheck the "joins" box because it gets distracting to monitoring other hits. For example, "Radio 1111111 Joins 23456" appears every couple of minutes or so. I don't know what causes this either.

If it's the exact same radio joining the same channel, it could be either a radio with a nearly-dead battery powering up every few seconds, or it could be a radio that's not permitted to use that talkgroup, in which case you'd see a reject or deny response right after the join. Or the radio could be on the fringe of two tower sites and is constantly changing between them, causing re-affiliation every time.

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Rick and group
i'm trying to get my AirSpy to work with 1.0.31.0 and i get nothing. No signal on the scope any suggestions?

vince48

SCPD

QRT
Vince - you and anyone else wanting to test preview releases are welcome to sign up on the Google group.

nlurker

I am now seeing this new bug too. It appears to show an incorrect source id when the current transmission has none, but in the top half only. The bottom half is correct.

SCPD

QRT
melbournefan - here's my reply to a similar question on Reddit:

Unitrunker said:
Unitrunker limits you to one VCO (tunable channel) per RTL stick. A two RTL stick setup is the most flexible because the voice channel isn't constrained to the receive bandwidth of a single device. Most trunking bands are 3 Mhz wide - or more - which is just outside the range of a single RTL stick for 100% coverage.

Running one channel per RTL stick allows you to dial back the sample rate of both RTL sticks - for a lower CPU load than one RTL stick trying to span two channels. Not everyone has a 2+ Ghz i7 processor.

Don't forget - these RTL sticks are cheap ... around $10 to $20 including shipping. There are folks running 8 and 20 (yes, 20) sticks.

In short, don't let 10 bucks hold you back.

Mattsenft

Premium Subscriber
I have a question that isn't limited to just the latest version of Unitrunker. I have always noticed that in the history tabs on a specific talkgroup or user that the history seems to expire after about 3 or 4 hours regardless of the number of hits. This makes it difficult to log affiliations on little used groups. Am I doing something wrong or is there a way that this can be set to recycle on a number of logs instead of time?

Boatanchor

melbournefan - here's my reply to a similar question on Reddit:

In short, don't let 10 bucks hold you back.

Hopefully, the version that supports Airspy will permit dual VFO modes as an option.
With 8-10Mhz of bandwidth to play with, a Unitrunker/Airspy combo should work very well :)

Rick

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I have a question that isn't limited to just the latest version of Unitrunker. I have always noticed that in the history tabs on a specific talkgroup or user that the history seems to expire after about 3 or 4 hours regardless of the number of hits. This makes it difficult to log affiliations on little used groups. Am I doing something wrong or is there a way that this can be set to recycle on a number of logs instead of time?

There is a setting as of the last few versions called Log Depth which determines how many hours a logged activity remains. I forget if it's global or set individually by system, site, or group/user.

wildbillx

Premium Subscriber
hello, I am running into a problem replacing the xml file with one that is larger with more info. I tried reinstalling the program but no joy. Everytime I run unitrunker it saves a new xml file and moves my larger one down. What I did was reinstall, then in the appsdata/roaming/unitrunker/ delete the original unitrunker.xml file and replace it with the new one. Then I run the program and the info is NOT there. Then I close it out and look in the appsdata again and I see unitrunker.xml.1 is the good file name and unitrunker.xml is the recent data. Anyone else have this problem?

SCPD

QRT
wilbilllx said:
Everytime I run unitrunker it saves a new xml file and moves my larger one down.
No, that's not quite right. Every time you exit the program, it saves everything. When the program exits, it renames the current xml file to xml.1 and saves a new xml file.

This is important: the program loads the xml file each time it starts up. If you dropped a new unitrunker.xml in place while the program is running - it will be ignored.

If you dropped a new unitrunker.xml in place before running the program and program later saved a much smaller XML files - this means some parts of your larger file did not parse correctly. You may have a typo somewhere that results in an invalid XML file.

SCPD

QRT
the history tabs on a specific talkgroup or user that the history seems to expire after about 3 or 4 hours regardless of the number of hits.

The history depth settings were added in Release 29.

http://forums.radioreference.com/tr...7898-unitrunker-release-29-a.html#post2247828

This controls how many hours of history are retained in memory - for viewing.

If you want to log this activity to a file - turn on site logging. You can import the logs into a spreadsheet, a database, or search the logs using command line tools like find and grep.

UniTrunker | Log Files

Whelen

Premium Subscriber
Unitrunker not Displaying Freq's/TG's

I am brand new to Unitrunker & SDR's. Just installed Unitrunker on a Win XP machine. Downloaded the drivers for the dongles (have two RTL2832U) . I "unmuted" the audio for the "signal" receiver and i hear a perfectly clear control channel. Gain is set at 300, "Health" shows 100, but I am not getting the pop up window that should display the freq's, TG's, TGID's, etc. Can anybody tell me if I missed something in the setup? I downloaded the Quick Start Users Guide from the RTL-SDR site and am pretty sure I went step by step. The system I am wanting to monitor is a MOTOTRBO UHF system, if that makes a difference. Thanking everyone in advance for any suggestions! Stay safe all!

BM82557

I am brand new to Unitrunker & SDR's. Just installed Unitrunker on a Win XP machine. Downloaded the drivers for the dongles (have two RTL2832U) . I "unmuted" the audio for the "signal" receiver and i hear a perfectly clear control channel. Gain is set at 300, "Health" shows 100, but I am not getting the pop up window that should display the freq's, TG's, TGID's, etc. Can anybody tell me if I missed something in the setup? I downloaded the Quick Start Users Guide from the RTL-SDR site and am pretty sure I went step by step. The system I am wanting to monitor is a MOTOTRBO UHF system, if that makes a difference. Thanking everyone in advance for any suggestions! Stay safe all!

"Unitrunker understands the following control channel trunking protocols.
•APCO P25
•EDACS
•Motorola
•MPT1327
•LTR (limited)"

Status
Not open for further replies.