Unitrunker ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
There is an i after numbers in the Source ID column, example 26548i. What does the i mean?

kittrav

Premium Subscriber
No information on the i.
An earlier version of UniTrunker had a "T" column, next to the "R" column, in the upper part of the "Call History" tab. That "T" column was eliminated in later versions, and an "i" or a "g" added to the "Target" column's numerics, i if a Radio ID, g if a Talk Group.

The i after the numerics in the "Source ID" just means that it is a Radio ID that is calling. If it is an iCall, then the numerics in the "Target ID" column will also have an i suffix. Usually there will a g after the Target ID number, indicating a group call, to all Radio IDs monitoring that Talk Group.

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
They are direct calls between units.
Negative. Unitrunker 1.0.33.x versions display lower case g after a TGID and lower case i after a UID for all activity, including normal talkgroup calls.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Negative. Unitrunker 1.0.33.x versions display lower case g after a TGID and lower case i after a UID for all activity, including normal talkgroup calls.
lol - I thought it was for iCalls.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Release 33 Preview 4
  • Lower case "i" or "g" suffix on IDs to clarify group vs. user.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
(wouldn't it be more logical to use "u" for user than "i' for user? Just thinking out loud.)
It's a moot point, as subsequent versions of Unitrunker (2.x) dropped the suffixes.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I've been running v2.x.x since the beginning, and I've clearly forgotten what the "i" meant in the old 32 bit v1.x.x version.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I can hardly remember what I had for lunch yesterday...it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.