• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unity Xg100p

Status
Not open for further replies.

agillis91

Premium Subscriber
Received a lot of unity xg100 p. For our emergency management team, pre programmed for interop, we want to add local stuff and some starcom. We have a cable and advanced access control key. We have done some research about software and am unsure about what we actually need. Is it programmer or rpm?
Thanks in advance.

prcguy

I think you want a recent RPM to program some specific frequencies and maybe some "scratchpad" channels that you can FPP edit when needed. You can use Bluetooth and do this without a programming cable.

Received a lot of unity xg100 p. For our emergency management team, pre programmed for interop, we want to add local stuff and some starcom. We have a cable and advanced access control key. We have done some research about software and am unsure about what we actually need. Is it programmer or rpm?
Thanks in advance.

TDR-94

Thanks in advance.

The current version of RPM to purchase is RPM2.

TDR-94

Will RPM2 program the XG-100P? I use RPM v14.

RPM14 was the last version of RPM to support the XG-100P. RPM2 doesn't support the XG-100P. If the XG-100P is the only radio that you are looking to program, then RPM2 isn't needed.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
TDR-94 is correct about the 100P not being supported in RPM2. Also, for wide-band operation, you must not have Option 50 enabled. If Option 50 is enabled, you are stuck with narrow-band frequencies, except for 144-148 and a select few other frequencies, like the marine band. If you need a wideband frequency for UHF amateur or GMRS and have Option 50, you are out of luck.

Last edited:

prcguy

I don't think this is true, some people have been able to get radios wide banded and I have not heard option 50 gets in the way.

TDR-94 is correct about the 100P not being supported in RPM2. Also, for wide-band operation, you must not have Option 50 enabled. If Option 50 is enabled, you are stuck with narrow-band frequencies, except for 144-148 and a select few other frequencies, like the marine band. If you need a wideband frequency for UHF amateur or GMRS and have Option 50, you are out of luck.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
I have several OMAP radios and all of them have Option 50 and none of them can be programmed for wide-band, other than the few VHF frequencies (2 meter ham, marine, etc). We have two at work that do not have Option 50 and they can be programmed for wide-band. One is an XG100P and the other is an XG100M. All OMAP radios suffer this problem. I have an XL185 that I cannot use with a UHF wide-band frequency due to it having Option 50 enabled.

I sent a request to Harris (through my dealer) to have that option removed, but they denied it based on Part 90 rules. Even after I explained that I own repeaters that are exempt from the narrow-band regulation and signing their release of obligation, they still refused.

At the time (3rd Quarter, 2019), I was using the most recent firmware from TechLink. They certainly could have released a newer firmware revision that exempts the UHF ham and GMRS frequencies, but I have my doubts.

TDR-94

I believe the Unity radios have a separate option for Wideband Disable. It's option 58 (Unity Wideband Disable) or it will just have it spelled out in the feature menu as WIDEBAND DISABLED.

I've had a couple "true" full featured XG-100P's with the Harris demo feature strings,which enables all 80 features available to Harris radios, and they had option 50 (OMAP Wideband Disabled) enabled in them and not option 58. Wideband channels could be programmed with no issue, even with option 50 enabled.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
I was wrong about Option 50 on the Unity product line. It is Option 58 for the XG100. I am sorry that I posted that wrong info. Option 50 still holds true for OMAP radios. I have a mixture of both Unity and OMAP. Again, sorry for the misinformation.

Last edited:

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
On the above posts where I have 50, just replace that with 58 for the Unity portable and mobile radios.

Last edited:

TDR-94

No need to apologize,we all get a little confused at times.Frankly,the whole subject of wideband has been rout with confusion when it pertains to the XG-100P. Similar to the subject of Phase 2 and the P7200 ;).

I have seen just option 50 enabled in XG-100P's before. I think even L3HARRIS may have confused the two features, and which radios they pertain to, more than a few times themselves!

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
RPM2 does support the XG100 along with the 25 and 75.

TDR-94

RPM2 does support the XG100 along with the 25 and 75.

Are you referring to the XG-100M or the XG-100P. I've seen several SRN's that state the XG-100P is not supported by RPM2.

Here is the latest XLP Firmware Software Release Notes statement.

Attachments

• Software Release Notes.JPG
    Software Release Notes.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
Are you referring to the XG-100M or the XG-100P. I've seen several SRN's that state the XG-100P is not supported by RPM2.

Here is the latest XLP Firmware Software Release Notes statement.
I will test it today.

TDR-94

RPM SRN also states that it's not supported.

Attachments

• RPM compatibility.JPG
    RPM compatibility.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 35
Status
Not open for further replies.