Unk Security Company

Status
Not open for further replies.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to ID a local Company that dispatches for residential alarms "dropped from" ADT, Manotronics, Watchdog, and Central Alarm. They are using unit ID's of Charlie #'s. Sounds like unit Alpha-2 is managment.

Any ideas?

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
I was hopeing to get a answer from someone before adding more info. But, it didn't happen, so here it is. I submitted some updates on a 900 Mhz system about a week ago. Utah Communications & Electronics, Sys ID 8014. Talkgroup 2144 is the one of interest here. What I find interesting about this dispatch, is that they are for several different Alarm companies.

utahcomms

I'll put that in my scanner and listen in this week and let you know.

Most likely the security company is contracted to the alarm companies to do the verification before they can call the PD. They don't have to tell one client who their others are, and they got multiple contracts by being the lowest bidder (most likely).

Funny story, a very long time ago I was working a detail in SLC and an alarm was going off across the street. It looked to me like a swinger (an improperly secured door was flapping in the wind). A guy from Peak pulls up, takes a look, calls his dispatch. They tell him to go inside and look around. He walks over to me across the street and asks if he can borrow my firearm as he is unarmed. I told him to get back on his radio and request backup on that basis - or go find another company to work for.

Last edited:

utahcomms

As I type this, I'm sitting here in my Jeep eating lunch at Sonic and listening into the system in question.

You have a lot of courier outfits, which matches from what I remember listening to this system way back when I lived in SL County. If I remember right, Davis and CBI were both on this system, I think Metro might have been too but I'm not sure about that.

I heard the company in question - the Lima units will be LT's. Calls sound like they could be Davis from the few I have heard, but I need to listen in more.

utahcomms

3728 is handling tires for pickup and delivery - lots of tires from different outfits. Maybe a distributor?

Could also be a courier service, but they had tons of tire calls from different dealers.

Last edited:

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
I was thinking over the weekend and thought that Talk Groups 1408 & 2128 might be the County Constables office. They would do Inmate Transports and we do not have anything on UCAN for them.

utahcomms

Actually, it might be CBI Security.

"In April of 2003, CBI partnered with Constable Services to form Court Transportation and Bailiff Services. The new company offers sworn deputy constables, which provides prisoner transport, bailiff services and physical security for all visitors and employees at the Municipal Court. Together, these businesses form the basis of the company as it operates today."

I have not been able to clearly ID the company that is in question (although I have a strong idea about it). I need to monitor this in the evening/night period. By listening around what they talk about it should be possible to positively ID them.

Last edited:

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
That is very interesting and I had no idea. I just went to their website and read through the companies history...

I am curious if this might be the same company that gldavis was trying to identify as part of this thread. They don't mention responding to alarms, but their Patrol Division might do that as part of the job.

utahcomms

I'm leaning towards either Davis (which I think it is) or Metro (#2) or CBI (#3). CBI hasn't been into as much of the alarm response business as some of the others. It still could be them, but without hearing a period of heightened chatter (usually starting in the evening hours with security companies) I'm leaning towards Davis.

What we need to listen in for are any reports of seeing other companies patrols - it's not uncommon for them to report "just passed a xxxx at yyyyy and zzzz". That or any names of officers. Sometimes they'll say "So-and-so is en route" or "xxxxx would like you to meet with them tomorrow". Those will be the best clues.

If they mention touch points (which I have heard them talk about) or "Deggy" points, Davis and Metro are the biggest users of those that I know of. I didn't see any mention of them at CBI and I don't recall ever hearing of them using them. They could, so I won't say it's not possible.

Last edited:

Observer1

Just an FYI, CBI is actually quite heavily involved in alarm response in Salt Lake, probably more so than Davis and Metro combined.

Davis tends to do more posted security than alarm response these days.

utahcomms

That's good to know - and it might shed some light on Bob Anderton coming over. I have not really kept up on them since the days of Touched by an Angel and Promised Land. Back then, CBI was mostly posted security and some roving patrols between the posts - plus the city or city/county building and Galivan center.

I still suspect that it's Davis. They are very heavy users of the Deggy wands, and I heard some references to those when I was monitoring during the week. Metro also uses those heavily, and I don't recall ever seeing any of the CBI folks with them or hearing about them using that system.

Last edited:

Utah_Viper

That's good to know - and it might shed some light on Bob Anderton coming over. I have not really kept up on them since the days of Touched by an Angel and Promised Land. Back then, CBI was mostly posted security and some roving patrols between the posts - plus the city or city/county building and Galivan center.

I still suspect that it's Davis. They are very heavy users of the Deggy wands, and I heard some references to those when I was monitoring during the week. Metro also uses those heavily, and I don't recall ever seeing any of the CBI folks with them or hearing about them using that system.

A correction on your statement: CBI Had Touched by an Angel, Guard Systems had Promised land. I happen to know. I was the Supervisor on Promised Land until the show was canceled. Was some of the funnest work I ever got to do.

Utah_Viper

Did GS do the locations? I'm pretty sure that CBI had the production offices, which if I remember right were on 900S.

That could be, both shows were produced by the same people. Always surprised me they used 2 different security companies. there were a couple instances were we even shared. We did the locations, and also there was a 'sound stage' in a warehouse on West Temple and About 3900 So. It was good pay, great food! i grew up in California at MGM studios where my dad had done security. (it was passed from about 4 studios during that time) So it was really cool to get involved in it on my own.

utahclock

I know for a fact that this is CBI, i used to work for them.

some of the units you will here

are Lima = LT, Charlies = captians, Sierra = sgt, Delta,Tango,Echo,Papa = Patrol units depending on where they are assigned

Bravo,Alpha = adminstrative units

Oscar = On site guards

however 2144 is primary patrol dispatch ID

so you will most likely here the patrol units rather then the onsite units.

qlajlu

Silent Key
Welcome to the Utah Forum of RR.com
utahclock

Wow, you dug back into the archives aways to resurrect this thread. You must have been hanging out in the shadows for a while before you posted.

It is information like you gave us that makes each of us come back here every day to see what is going on. I hope you will continue to contribute to our happy group here.

I would urge you to return to your User CP (left side of second blue bar from top of any page) and fill in your location (city & state) for us. We have so many members that we cannot remember where everyone is from and so many of the questions and answers depend on location. Besides, it is a small courtesy for the rest of us.

Again, welcome, pull up a chair, make yourself comfy, and enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.