Unknown FED conventional

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Anyone ever caught 169.88750, NAC 320? Heard in Hampton Roads, NAC has me stumped. Traffic was in the clear, sounded like a unit doing rounds somewhere reporting back that a bay door was open with contractors and conditions appeared normal

ecps92

Only note of $320 was from 7 yrs ago for CBP in FL
169.8875 is a variety of users across the country.

Looks like one to keep an eye/ear on.

My May trip to that area, I never could find the VA PD or Maint...
Anyone ever caught 169.88750, NAC 320? Heard in Hampton Roads, NAC has me stumped. Traffic was in the clear, sounded like a unit doing rounds somewhere reporting back that a bay door was open with contractors and conditions appeared normal

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Only note of $320 was from 7 yrs ago for CBP in FL
169.8875 is a variety of users across the country.

Looks like one to keep an eye/ear on.

My May trip to that area, I never could find the VA PD or Maint...
That is a good point with the VA but I thought they were on a 163 freq with $253 NAC

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
I’m wondering if it’s Security at the Joint Forces Command Center in Suffolk, I’m very close to it, and I’ve never heard a peep of any type of security of anything from there. Although I’ve seen FPS there, it’s just an assumption

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
I’m wondering if it’s Security at the Joint Forces Command Center in Suffolk, I’m very close to it, and I’ve never heard a peep of any type of security of anything from there. Although I’ve seen FPS there, it’s just an assumption
Talks of a wheelhouse is what it sounds like, definitely some sort of security

ecps92

Sadly, that was one of my targets on a recent Road trip and never did find them, with 3 hrs sitting on-site

And it appeared the PA System maybe wireless, [thinking like Giant-Voice, from many bases]
They were testing it all day long...
That is a good point with the VA but I thought they were on a 163 freq with $253 NAC

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Sadly, that was one of my targets on a recent Road trip and never did find them, with 3 hrs sitting on-site

And it appeared the PA System maybe wireless, [thinking like Giant-Voice, from many bases]
They were testing it all day long...
Does VA PD have a range of RID’s?

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
That is not one that I've sat on, but guess with 4 VA's within monitoring range, I need to see what they have
It’s got me stumped. At first I thought it was security or gate security, then an earlier recording sounded like a female saying OOD, so it sounds like a mix of civilian security and maybe some military. I’m leaning towards Coast Guard Base Portsmouth, only reason is because a guard stated a Coast Guard member had lost their badge and very many different trucks and deliveries at the gate for inspections

Last edited:

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
It’s got me stumped. At first I thought it was security or gate security, then an earlier recording sounded like a female saying OOD, so it sounds like a mix of civilian security and maybe some military. I’m leaning towards Coast Guard Base Portsmouth, only reason is because a guard stated a Coast Guard member had lost their badge and very many different trucks and deliveries at the gate for inspections
It’s looking more promising to be CG Base Portsmouth Security, heard more of CO, XO doors secured

W4UVV

-----------------
FYI:

From my VA frequency database confirmed::

169.8875 mhz. NAC 320 is used by the USF&WS personnel in the Dismal Swamp Chesapeake area. Unless things have changed, they still use only HTs.

John:)
W4UVV

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
-----------------
FYI:

169.8875 mhz. NAC 320 is used by the USF&WS personnel in the Dismal Swamp Chesapeake area. Unless things have changed, they still use only HTs.

W4UVV
This sounds nothing like the Dismal Swamp. And based off my location, I’m closer to the CG Base then Dismal Swamp.

ecps92

Are you sure you are not confusing the Swamps Repeater on 169.7875 using $064

-----------------
FYI:

W4UVV

Larry51

Premium Subscriber
-----------------
FYI:

W4UVV
John is that a rptr and do they have any other channels?

ecps92

That WIKI was written by me, from an IAP I found, but no one has validated/verified - edited [Date fields at the end]
the info is actually correct, esp the TG info, which at the time I took as ODD, since most use TG 1 or 4095 :)
This definitely isn’t the Great Dismal Swamp, according to the wiki, they’re TG is 769, the TG for what I’m hearing is 1

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
That WIKI was written by me, from an IAP I found, but no one has validated/verified - edited [Date fields at the end]
the info is actually correct, esp the TG info, which at the time I took as ODD, since most use TG 1 or 4095 :)
It’s sounding more and more like CG Base. Traffic consists of , closing lanes for vehicle inspections, u turns or turnarounds for people without correct credentials or waiting on sponsors, gym watchstander.

Status
Not open for further replies.